Security Installer Community

Accord Xpc

Ads17

Hello,

I have an Accord XPC and I need some help with the configuration of the system.

Alarm was inherited from previous owner and there is no maintenance contract on the alarm.

The alarm is all wired up and seems to be working correctly.

I have the engineers code and have tracked down an install manual online.

I can't seem to find the answer to my issue in the install manual:

When I do a night set (downstairs PIRs only) the keypad beeps a couple of times to acknowledge the alarm is set, however when I return downstairs in the morning or during the night the internal loudspeaker beeps quite loudly (a lot louder than the keypad beeps) to inform me that I have been picked up by the PIR and then I have about 30 secs to enter the disarm code before the actual alarm will be activated.

Can I either change the volume of these beeps from the internal loudspeaker or change it so that only the keypad beeps?

Can I either change the volume of these beeps from the internal loudspeaker or change it so that only the keypad beeps?

I believe the accord has a small volume control pot on the main control panel PCB that controls the entry/exit tone volume

and suitable wattage.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

I believe the accord has a small volume control pot on the main control panel PCB that controls the entry/exit tone volume

The install instructions do indicate an EE Volume on the PCB, however mine does not have this?

In regards to reducing the volume of the speaker, this would maybe work for the entry/exit tone but it would then quiten down the actual internal alarm which is not something I would want.

Archived