Security Installer Community

Accord Xpc

Ads17

The install instructions do indicate an EE Volume on the PCB, however mine does not have this?

In regards to reducing the volume of the speaker, this would maybe work for the entry/exit tone but it would then quiten down the actual internal alarm which is not something I would want.

Well use the resistor trick to quiet down the speaker for the E/E sound then get hold of a soundbomb and install that for the extra noise when the alarm activates

Well use the resistor trick to quiet down the speaker for the E/E sound then get hold of a soundbomb and install that for the extra noise when the alarm activates

If I just remove remove the internal speaker rather than using a resistor then this will stop it mimicking the keypad tones for the E/E sound, this will suit my needs :thumbsup:

I will then need to install a soundbomb to regain internal noise when the alarm sounds. 

I know you can't just directly replace the speaker with the soundbomb, so does the soundbomb just wire into Bell +/-  terminals the same as the external sounder?

The install manual states that Speaker/Bell fuse is 500ma, 20mm, Anti-surge.  I have no idea what the size/rating of the external sounder is so just need to keep my fingers crossed that the fuse is ok.

Just need to order the soundbomb & maybe a spare fuse just in case!

i'd fit a new battery at the same time.

people stating fit a resistor but giving no clue to o/p of the suggested value, which if across and to low might damage the speaker driver.

@0/P you seem pretty capable, i'd suggest fit a 'universal relay' (which is a relay in module form) to the bell output, then break the internal speaker through its normally open contacts. that way in alarm your internal speaker will be at full volume, but keypad only during normal operations

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just like to say thanks for all the assistance.

Soundbomb arrived in the post and I swapped it over with the internal speaker, wired it to the Bell (+) and Bell (trigger) and all is working how I wanted :thumbsup:

Archived