Security Installer Community

Android Phone Back Door Discovered

arfur mo

I saw this story on the BBC News iPad App and thought you Fandroiders should see it - URGENTLY!

'Master key' to Android phones found

A 'master key' that could give cyber-thieves open access to almost any Android phone has been discovered by security researchers.

Read more:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23179522

** Disclaimer **

The BBC is not responsible for the content of this e-mail, and anything written in this e-mail does not necessarily reflect the BBC's views or opinions. Please note that neither the e-mail address nor name of the sender have been verified.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

The danger from the loophole remains theoretical because, as yet, there is no evidence that it is being exploited by cyber-thieves.

One other hurdle is that in order to catch out Android users, malicious hackers would have to get their booby-trapped version of a legitimate application on to the Google Play store

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

File not found. :proud:

EFA

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

I can see some potential in the Win8 / Windows phone layouts even if all of my mates hate it.  Personally it isn't for me, but for less geeky folks I think it is ideal.

I get a lot less questions from the in-laws since I upgraded them.

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

Archived