Security Installer Community

Censorship

Matt, what more do an alarm company want from an ARC? They do as they are told.

One thing I will say is the intruder dept is very well established, the CCTV dept are a much more recent development and in some areas they need to improve. It would be fair to say I like their ethos.

Roger is one of the good guys - simple as that.

I suspect (though have no basis) that it was assumed that it was a public area post?  Maybe that led to a feeling that a vehement defence was needed otherwise it was a tacit form of agreeing with what was said before?   Idk - to be honest I am clutching a bit.

The thing is, we are all forum veterans.....we've all been there and done it and we 'get' forum etiquette (even goncall does :D) but I guess not everyone is the same on that front.

The way I discuss things here is very different too how I would discuss them on linkedin - which is again different to twitter...etc.etc.. I know you guys are the same on that front.

I agree that this forum is the online pub of the security industry and it is in that light that I post.

I would say in Steves defence that he does speak his mind and he has done a lot behind the scenes that has helped industry.  Anyone who speaks their mind loudly is likely to make some friends and some enemies (*cough* Matt *cough*) but what is worse?  Silent and inactive or loud and active?

Irrelevant now really. Damage done.

Anyone and any company who makes posts/threats/insinuations like that one posted deservbes all the opprobium they get.

Matt, what more do an alarm company want from an ARC? They do as they are told.

One thing I will say is the intruder dept is very well established, the CCTV dept are a much more recent development and in some areas they need to improve. It would be fair to say I like their ethos.

As a 3rd party arc I'd agree they are doing what the customer of today wants. When the inevitable evolution of alarm companies to IT based companies I'm not sure they would suit that audience well.

looks like we tried that with sms / nms

Well at least with the bat and ball being taken home it gave you a bit of competition!

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Irrelevant now really. Damage done.

Anyone and any company who makes posts/threats/insinuations like that one posted deservbes all the opprobium they get.

Oh dear, I'm agreeing with you again.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Archived