Security Installer Community

Container Security

That took some painting! It started off a much different colour and in a lot of little pieces.

Keypad cables look a bit rough.

It's got some wood to enclose it, same way the cables run for the DT's. it's just a bit wet so I've left it to dry for the night.

post-43585-0-83207000-1370641536_thumb.j

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Agreed but I'm a bit limited for locations as it is only 3m x 2.5m. I got a desk like I have at work to put in it and is looks so large in such a small room. Mrs Matts beefing about having any alarm in at all. She insists my servers, TV, computers are shuved into a room at the end of the garden that would be as hard to break into as an Easter egg and she expects not alarm? Dream on!

I know its one room but I hate sounders local to the panel, next to an expander is bad enough!Ok let you off on the cables ;)

Mr JBEye has got a new system adjacent one of our sites that I noticed earlier today. I did consider an audit looking for roller shutter contacts and stray cables!

Agreed but I'm a bit limited for locations as it is only 3m x 2.5m. I got a desk like I have at work to put in it and is looks so large in such a small room. Mrs Matts beefing about having any alarm in at all. She insists my servers, TV, computers are shuved into a room at the end of the garden that would be as hard to break into as an Easter egg and she expects not alarm? Dream on!

Mr JBEye has got a new system adjacent one of our sites that I noticed earlier today. I did consider an audit looking for roller shutter contacts and stray cables!

Haha, even I couldn't be arsed to do that and I owe him one.

Not too kean on the webway bein a pcb . Risks is shorting stuff out by mistake

Never really thought of it as the control panel PCB is never encased. The only system I know that encases the pc. Is Dualcom/Redcare secure. All others have openpcb?

Didn't I hear the new compact WW will come with optional all-enclosing placcy box?

WRT OP, there was a GSM alarm I saw recently that used about 4mA quiescant and ran off

a single AA lithium, with optional solar and trad 7AH battery if you envisaged set/unset more

than once a week... Can't find it for the life of me now. It also offered panel type features

such as fobs and timers etc... Not cheap though.

If its a more normal system, and keys are acceptable to arm, Bentley (the new incarnation) do

a micro alarm panel that takes microamps on standby... http://www.bentleysecurity.com/products/trigger-module.shtml

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Archived