Security Installer Community

Working Hours And Rest Time

abbz

A man owned a small farm. The Internal Revenue determined he was not paying proper wages to his staff and sent an investigator out to interview him.

"I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them!", demanded the investigator.

"Well," replied the farmer, "there's my farm hand who's been with me for three years. I pay him $200 a week plus free room and board.

"The cook has been here for 18 months, and I pay her $150 per week plus free room and board."

"Then there's the halfwit. He works about 18 hours every day and does about 90% of all the work around here. He makes about $10 a week. He pays his own room and board, and I buy him a bottle of whiskey every Saturday night. He also sleeps with my wife occasionally."

"That's the guy I want to talk to...the halfwit!" said the agent.

"That would be me," replied the farmer.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I've not seen you post anything complimentary about employees (in general), do you not think your previous staffing problems you refer to may have been due to issues entirely within your control? As for companies only using self employed - what was it you praised webway for only this morning?

There's some I really really love. Richard is a good example. Very reliable, does what it says on the tin and have tons and tons of time for him. He doesn't get mentioned on here because he never does anything to annoy me. Perfect employee and don't have a bad word to say about the bloke. Love him to bits.

Previous staffing issues. There is a recurring theme amongst the problems. Employee promises x y and z and turns out can only do x if I'm lucky in basic form. I do have an issue with people who claim they can do something they can't and who made Pinocchio look honest when it comes to their cv.

Webways staff are great. I would be dishonest if I said they were all great, there are a couple I'd like to see harm come to due to their attitude but the rest are wonderful people.

A man owned a small farm. The Internal Revenue determined he was not paying proper wages to his staff and sent an investigator out to interview him."I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them!", demanded the investigator."Well," replied the farmer, "there's my farm hand who's been with me for three years. I pay him $200 a week plus free room and board."The cook has been here for 18 months, and I pay her $150 per week plus free room and board.""Then there's the halfwit. He works about 18 hours every day and does about 90% of all the work around here. He makes about $10 a week. He pays his own room and board, and I buy him a bottle of whiskey every Saturday night. He also sleeps with my wife occasionally.""That's the guy I want to talk to...the halfwit!" said the agent."That would be me," replied the farmer.

Boy can I relate to that

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

There's some I really really love. Richard is a good example. Very reliable, does what it says on the tin and have tons and tons of time for him. He doesn't get mentioned on here because he never does anything to annoy me. Perfect employee and don't have a bad word to say about the bloke. Love him to bits.

Previous staffing issues. There is a recurring theme amongst the problems. Employee promises x y and z and turns out can only do x if I'm lucky in basic form. I do have an issue with people who claim they can do something they can't and who made Pinocchio look honest when it comes to their cv.

Webways staff are great. I would be dishonest if I said they were all great, there are a couple I'd like to see harm come to due to their attitude but the rest are wonderful people.

Boy can I relate to that

Must be sleeping . . .

post-43585-0-03527700-1370218110_thumb.j

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Whilst I appreciate it is more difficult for smaller companies with less employees, reading this and all the 'had to be there for 08:30 or we'd let them down' speil I bet 90 % of this could be avoided with better planning. Call out rotas are done in advance so easy to tie up with the pre booked calls to avoid letting any one down and provide a suitable duty of care to the engineer. The rule we work with and agreed with the unions is hour for hour after midnight, if you're out for 3 hours then you start work 3 hours later than you normally would and this seems to work well in the 14 years I've been here. There will also be exceptions to the rule but these are dealt with on an individual basis.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

how about this perspective??????????????????

been the boss of small co.

worked 17hr day get to bed at 2am after install then paperwork and quotes in the evening.

As the boss you feel pressured by your secretary and engineers to be on time in the morning.

Otherwise you get labelled as lazy boss, because they do not see how late you work.

As i posted before, it's all about common sense, and not necessarily about a boss pressuring an employee. it works both ways

30 years of experience, ssaib approved family business.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

http://alarmguard.co.uk

if tired i walk between calls :) carrying all my equipment.................

Like I say common sense must prevail when it comes to tiredness. Each person is individual, no way would my other half be let to drive if she was tired.

30 years of experience, ssaib approved family business.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

http://alarmguard.co.uk

Archived