Security Installer Community

Working Hours And Rest Time

abbz

first off im not a fan of pre booked calls on call,ive had them but sods law you get a pig of a fault and dont make it,personally id let the other lad pick your 9am call up,then your not rushing on you job tonite,tho id get some rest maybe a couple of hours kip before you go to the 11pm call just incase it goes over,then have a rest in the morning before starting work again.and although you go to bed at 12 its different from lounging in front of the tv till 12 as opposed to working and driving till 12

Something funny is going on here, I'm agreeing with you :) !

I don't particular like be booked jobs when on call. We don't get many calls anyway. Had 3 I the past 2 weeks , all tell advice or UDL fixes.

Besides gives me a excuse to get away from the missus :)

i dont think many do it after being on call tbh,the whole rest time needs to be sensible to allow the enginner whos been on call enough time to recover,i was on call one night last week at got in at 10.30 not late in real terms but was too knackered to sleep(im sure everyone has felt that at some time) i didnt get to bed till gone 1am and woke up at 9 didnt start till after 10 technically i,wasnt entitled to rest time as wasnt out after 12 but explained the situation to my gaffer who was fine with it,still got paid

Lazy barsteward

Archived