Security Installer Community

Pyronix Enforcer Sms Charges?

Hi,

recently beengiven an enforcer kit to install in my girlfriends house to try it out,

but have been reading online about it being around 50p per message sent, also that the panel dials a premium ratenumber every 2 weeks to check for updates for the sms number,

can anyone clarify the exact charges please?

thanks

cheers, after a quick google it would appear that talk talk do not support sms over landline, for future reference though, does anyone know how much the call is to the premium rate number?

cheers, after a quick google it would appear that talk talk do not support sms over landline, for future reference though, does anyone know how much the call is to the premium rate number?

It's a bad idea to use TAP anyway.

Premium numbers can have different rates, you need to check the number with your service provider.

Whilst +1 for SWB, when you say TalkTalk do not support SMS, that probably means they don't let you RECIEVE texts to a compatible DECT phone as was breifly all the rage a few years ago.

I don't think talktalk can/would/will sstop you dialling a very low baud rate modem which is essentially how TAP works.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

I've never heard of problems with low baud modem, if that was the case Webway PSTN path would fail all the time and talktalk would say they didn't support fax which would be a far more common want. Which they may do.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

talk talk does allow sms via pstn OUT of the property

30 years of experience, ssaib approved family business.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

http://alarmguard.co.uk

• 2 months later...

Hi, Just joined this group so sorry for the late reply. The Enforcer SMS system makes two calls. It makes a 50p call every 18 day which totals £12 per year on the customers bill. This calls the CHC server and check for any updates to the SMSC or TAP services. This service was used when the O2 server failed and the CHC moved all Castle and Pyronix systems to the Vodafone service without the need to visit site.

Call costs for the messages depends on the service provider. BT charge 22p per minute for 07 numbers and the message typically send in less than one minute so this is normally the charge made.

Hope this helps.

Archived