Security Installer Community

Work Clothing

timmo66

I'm after a bit of advice RE what uniform/safety wear should your employee provide. Before I begin let me tell you that my employer only provides a tshirt and jumper with logo on, hi vis, and hard hat. So most of the time I have to fill in the gaps with clothing that I have bought myself.

The reason I bring it up is because I was asked to fit a dome on a swan neck bracket to a column today, in torrential rain. Now I don't mind working out in the rain/snow etc, if I am provided with the clothing to do so. Am I in the right to request waterproof coat (with hood), trousers etc and thermal gear for winter?

I did half the job, but received some grief when I came away because the rain was simply too much for me to carry on.

Engineers and employers discuss. :)

I have asked for correct gear countless times, but nothing gets provided. Which makes me think that I am being unreasonable. What do you provide your lads with?

I don't think it's unfair to ask for uniform, what do you wear on Tuesday when your stuff is in the wash?

:) we are provided with enough tshirts and jumpers for the week, so no problem with washing. It's mainly the waterproofs and thermal stuff I am talking about.

If your provided with enough jumpers etc then surely your boss wouldn't mind forking out for a weatherproof jacket and trousers?

Thermal gear I would just purchase myself tbh.

Two jumpers, five tshirts.

I don't mind if I have to folk out myself, but I wanted to see what the general opinion was on whether or not it should be provided by the company.

your employer may supply everything or sod all, its there policy to choose,

I'd say thermals are underwear & you should buy your own, as for the other stuff depends on the money ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

We provide clothing wise

Boots, logod tshirts, logod jumpers, hard hats and logod wooly ones, logod high vis, logod high vis coats. But not trousers socks and underwear.

Id rather provide coats etc otherwise everyone does their own thing.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived