Security Installer Community

Work Clothing

timmo66

I wear safety shoes for work, just bought a new set of CAT trainers/boots, you never know when a 7 amp battery will make a dart for freedom.

Not very cheap, but boy are they really comfortable :).

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

wait until your engineer or assistant takes of their expensive trainers or shoe's, to expose socks with less material than a keep net :)

Sounds like your employer is being twisted. If I wanted to be twisted back I'd ask to see the risk assessment for the job, look for where it says adverse weather conditions and then see what PPE equipment they have given.

If it's reasonable then the employer should do it and can't charge you. Besides what you're asking for in this instance is classified as PPE. They wouldn't be happy if you caught the cold and were off for a week. Up to you but they are quick at getting on your back so give it back.

Not all have a old dear with an old dear darning socks do we?

my 'old dear' don't darn socks, they get a bit tatty they get lobbed into the bin by me. work shirts are not ironed as i use ones made if similar material that soccer players kit uses, wrinkles just fall out on the hanger.

not over keen on over shoes either, they seem a trip hazard on stairs, and metal 3 way steps especially, always seem to split or that flipping rubber band breaks when your no where near any spares.

Judging by his other thread his employers seem like sterling chaps. However I was thinking more along the lines of workload.

+1

when our guys are off sick its the workload our boss fretts about, not the money.

Archived