Security Installer Community

Home Set-Up

Dan24

Would of given them to you mate, Like I said, there was around 20. . . . If only this thread was started earlier..

I stripped the systems and kept the steel rack mount cases for servers.

We still have a few of the Leviathan out there, I do like the way the software works, and the simplicity of the smart search etc.

Thats interesting to know.

If its possible, I would like to get this 16 channel fired up again, Just needs new hard drives in it.
As far as the embedded software goes, Do you think I would I be able to buy a copy of it from him ?

Yeah I know

Its a much later machine with newer cardsthe software looks the same but with few more features, We still use the old cards though I would of paid you for them

leviathan imho a top machine, that search software with graphics showing motion detection is just brilliantly implemented, not seen anything that gets near.

i installed 2 of the heavy industrial case one's in a large block of flats, been in 15 years. only ever replaced fans in the hard drive caddies..

you seem to get amazing backup times from what are today tiny drives, yet recordings are very clear with decent cameras.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

i have a texecom premier 24 for the alarm,
and i have 9 misc cameras installed. one covering each door, and each gate. and then one covering the back garden, two covering the alley behind the house (which have pretty much eliminated the severe crime problems we had) and two covering the main road at the front, because the drivers around here are terrible and a few people have been run down. the police especially like the FOH cameras.

2013 05 26 14.07.34

i have two other cameras installed but not connected. one that looks at the bike shed door, which is now redundant since i installed the back gate camera, and one in the neighbours back yard (which they asked me to install) but it went down a while ago and i've not been bothered to sort out yet.

the DVR was an (old!) VISTA vc16TE-CDR but its unfortunately bitten the dust. so now i'm using a multiplexor and VCR until i get a DVR from work.

the system is integrated with the intruder system. i've used a zone mimic on the back door contact so that when the door opens, it registers an event on the DVR which makes looking back for events far easier!

similar thing with the front door, but there is a PIR above it so it gets anyone coming to the door (useful for checking if the postman has been with a parcel that we've missed as he doesn't leave red notes!)

and a videoloss relay output goes into a zone setup as 'fault' on the alarm panel.

i also have opal sensors in the alley to log when there is someone there which again makes reviewing footage much easier!

i built a cupboard in the basement where all the PSUs and DVR and stuff is.

note that i built this system all myself from misc parts from here there and everywhere when i was about 14 - before i got into the trade! so the 'nerve centre' doesn't look the most proffesional. but for a home system its fine!

this photo is about 5 months old now, i've since finally gotten around to putting everything on spurs and tidying up the misc offcuts of wires on the desk so its now all nice and neat :)

216784_10200975806707460_668365605_n.jpg

526842_10200975799147271_1804481472_n.jp

i also have vipers inside a few of my cameras which are wired to the relevant alarm input on the DVR, and to a 24HR zone on the alarm system, as one of the alley cams was attacked in the past (it survived)

538747_10200975799547281_532886925_n.jpg

Thats interesting to know.

If its possible, I would like to get this 16 channel fired up again, Just needs new hard drives in it.

As far as the embedded software goes, Do you think I would I be able to buy a copy of it from him ?

Let me know what the serial number is on the cards and I will see what I can do, the software will not be embedded though we install ours on windows machines and then run an embeding process so to embed it is not so straight forward.

Archived