Security Installer Community

Security Of Anti-Codes

Your constant play on words, inferences, claims suggesting you are the 'good guy' etc etc are misleading. The easily led fall for it, not i.

I'm out!!

One of the big reasons I am here is to make sure anything I infer isn't false.

I have a blog, some of which is about alarm security and reverse engineering:
http://cybergibbons.com/

It wouldn't have been hard to make this secure at all. Actually, I think it would be less effort just using something ready made.

One of my many arguments for standardised protocols.  Why reinvent the wheel?  Especially when you make a round wheel square in the process.....

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

One of my many arguments for standardised protocols.  Why reinvent the wheel?  Especially when you make a round wheel square in the process.....

Totally agree. I know webway use a few in their stuff rather than recreate something that already existed.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

It is almost always without exception a bad idea to "roll your own" encryption:

http://security.stackexchange.com/questions/18197/why-shouldnt-we-roll-our-own

It's also a really bad idea to keep encryption schemes secret - the security should lie in the key, not the algorithm. If you keep it secret, the most clever person to look at it is going to be you. Make it public, and there is almost always someone more clever than you to take a look.

I partly understand why Technistore is like this - it was implemented for embedded systems 25 years ago. Even with that in mind, it's got issues.

I have a blog, some of which is about alarm security and reverse engineering:
http://cybergibbons.com/

but again technistore is just a reset algo. There are easy ways to reset a system than to hack it. It was originally a separate device that wired into the panel. It was then later added to panels as a built in function. Most panels don't even have a seed, ie castle, aritech etc. If you get hold of the software you can reset any panel.

Im not a fan of it and once we have all of our estate on udl we will be disabling it.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Well depends. If using modems then we use dial back and they call the office, either from a remote request or the customer pressing the relevant buttons. On the higher security stuff we use webways and the data is sent over an ssh tunnel.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Oh yeah, much better in those days IMO lol

Must admit I'm guessing most companies use the same seed code.

Depends what the arc can support Aswell . - ours only supports certain scantronic rem reset seeds

Oh yeah, much better in those days IMO lol

Must admit I'm guessing most companies use the same seed code.

Depends what the arc can support Aswell . - ours only supports certain scantronic rem reset seeds

The ARC can do any seed - they may need to pay to implement though if they don't know how to do db inserts ;)

btn_myprofile_160x33.png