Security Installer Community

Utterly Useless Cctv Images

Driller

We don't do much CCTV as we always loose it on price as we refuse to install rubbish. IMO if you can't recognise anyone you might as well save your cash than install ****.

Seems most buyers don't share the same view.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Cctv out of all the disciplines most of us do i think is the one that the customer wants to pay so little and wonders why its ****. You can install a relatively cheap f/a or i/a system that can work fine for years but cctv always bites back sooner rather than later,

Yeah I agree, it's because people see shitty kits in b and q or maplins and assume that all company's will fit stuff like that.

Then again remember seeing one job ( wasn't installed by us ) some cheap Chinese stuff I think. And it pictures were **** and the customer thought they were brilliant. The look on her face when I plugged in one on the cams we usually use. Needless to say we replaced all cameras and the dvr.

Its sad that co's like Maplin sell crappy CCTV and people buy it cus its cheap, but that CCTV will only tell you what you already know (And it struggled to do that) Ive said it before and ill say it again buying cheap cctv is the same as filling your car up with water instead of fuel, it gives you the impression that you have a full tank and it doesnt cost very much to do, but you wont get very far if you try driving anywhere

Its sad that co's like Maplin sell crappy CCTV and people buy it cus its cheap, but that CCTV will only tell you what you already know (And it struggled to do that) Ive said it before and ill say it again buying cheap cctv is the same as filling your car up with water instead of fuel, it gives you the impression that you have a full tank and it doesnt cost very much to do, but you wont get very far if you try driving anywhere

That's quite a good way of looking at it. The ones we loose on price seem to just want 'cameras'

You see them on crime watch. Do you recognise this grey blob. Err no.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

no i think its due to not sorting the expectation level at quote stage. we do very very little domestic cctv cos most expect a face at 100m with a 4mm lens. Once you explain it correctly and how it works rather than go for the order they tend to either go with you cos your right, go to the other firm that didnt discuss it and will have the problem later or go for a non cctv solution.

all imho

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived