Security Installer Community

Nice 'loop' On This Install By A Bafe Firm

Correct it is an older building. Rather than maintain a loop it has radial tagged to radials choc blocked to 6 more radials and has joints just choc blocked and stuffed into a false wall to cover it up.

What a mess. Although i have seen worse!

Did said company install the new colours fp then?

Or have they just swapped a panel and devices ect.

Dont know if bafe will be interested as it wont hold a bafe cert.

Would you consider getting the company boss in to show him?

To be fair we don't know ANY of the story so can't comment on it. I've seen work like this all the time. Usually in buildings where the budget is tight but they need cover/plan to upgrade so what they do is buy in a new panel, bodge the existing wiring to get it to work, get it all activating and then upgrade the system later. Was it installed by that firm or did they take over the maintenance on it? Some of those joints are comical.

All you need to see first before ripping anymore apart is the install/mod certs?

I have picked them up today. Full system complies with BS5839 apparantly.

The other thing I noticed is on the comissioning cert it said the position of the engineer to be 'Electrician'

Didn't say if he was part P though :proud:

Got some more pics and copies of docs. The segregation was interesting. The only thing that was segregating the fire alarm cable (which was a 4 core carrying the loop to the other building and back) was the insulation between it and an armoured the size of my drain pipe at home. Only just arrived home so will edit out and post tomorrow probably.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

How much more seg do you want ??

Fookin big armoured, yrs back 12 of us were asked to work a sunday, pulling in some cable ( By my big fat sparks m8). We got there and a articulated lorry turned up with 3 reels of armoured about 18ft in diameter. Had to pull it to the top floor and then across an underground car park.

After cursing him we did it and all got 200 quid each.

Not bad for 25 yrs ago or so :D

Archived