Security Installer Community

Nice 'loop' On This Install By A Bafe Firm

Even if it dont work its fine providing it listed as a variation

That's a bit criminal. Can you imagine if we had that flexibility on intruder? Oh wait, we do. We call it a home automation system.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My fireman is seething. If he had his way they would be sat in the clink! No probs ill snap away and post. To be fair to T&P it could be just a rogue engineer but that doesn't explain why all the other deviations have been left untouch unless of course the college signed a variation and that will be fine!

Dunno. I'm meeting mr health & safety on site in the morning so will soon find out. If they have docs ill scan and post. The system is meant to be L3 but has 9 heads in the whole college!

Little afd in the escape routes then!

You do find **** like this from time to time.

Btw it aint bafe certed and they only got bafe a while ago so its not really bafes place as it is before there accreditation

Bafe guy turns up and panel is upside down. Goes to mark down and then sees theres a variation!

Ive always wanted to put one upside down and for the boss to walk in would be well funny

Little afd in the escape routes then!You do find **** like this from time to time.Btw it aint bafe certed and they only got bafe a while ago so its not really bafes place as it is before there accreditation

Gets better. Didn't know that was allowed.

To be fair if and I mean if its listed as a variation then its the clients call not the firm. There is a lot of potential unknowns and 'if' the firm made the client aware it was probably cos it was going to cost the client huge £ and they decided against. I've got stuff that is non compliant on fire, offered the choice of fixing it and they decline and sign the disclaimer. I have no issue with this as its not my look out to do it for free. Tell them correctly and openly and then its down to them.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

What not to bafe cert?

I don't know the details as was chatting with my fire guy over tea. Will post tomorrow all the gory details and pictures.

To be fair if and I mean if its listed as a variation then its the clients call not the firm. There is a lot of potential unknowns and 'if' the firm made the client aware it was probably cos it was going to cost the client huge £ and they decided against. I've got stuff that is non compliant on fire, offered the choice of fixing it and they decline and sign the disclaimer. I have no issue with this as its not my look out to do it for free. Tell them correctly and openly and then its down to them.

I know the client paid a decent whack to try and get it resolved before we took over. Once I've seen the paperwork ill get a feel which sides to blame although my gut says as they paid fortunes before and are paying a killing for us to be down here makes me think the clients tried their best to get it fixed. Do you know any principal of a college that would want dodgy fire systems on their site?

Let you know tomorrow.

I don't know the details as was chatting with my fire guy over tea. Will post tomorrow all the gory details and pictures.

It wont be matt, u said its 5 yrs old. And there website says bafe 2010.

Nothing wrong with this.

You comment on 4 core sndr

Were u refering to having 2 sndr ccts in one cable?

Now i know why wholesalers look at me blank when i ask for porcelain connectors.

Seems no fooker uses them!

Dont know how far you go with this especially being fire?

Best put lids back on and get the inspectorates in?

Although i dont see an issue with no glands fitted to certain entry points? We have done this many times especially when coming out of trunking to the device.

Pic 5,6 &7 are the same pic. Cant see anything wrong with pic 9 & 11.

We used to interweave sounders 20 years ago. Its blatently a poor practice, 4 core is pretty much for class change and the likes these days.

Customers!

Cant see anything wrong with pic 9 & 11.

unless I'm doing it wrong the joints should be

Metal Box,

Porcelain connectors,

Fire resistant cables

Glanded entry

Labeled "Fire Alarm"

Its recently I learned than "plastic choc blocks" can be used in devices

Mr? Veritas God

unless I'm doing it wrong the joints should be

Metal Box,

Porcelain connectors,

Fire resistant cables

Glanded entry

Labeled "Fire Alarm"

Its recently I learned than "plastic choc blocks" can be used in devices

Pic 9 and 11 are behind and within the device.

Customers!

Pic 9 and 11 are behind and within the device.

not sure which no.s are which photo's but can only see a device (hochiki base) in one pic, (apart from MCP which is not 9 or 11)

is 11 the pic with 4 core passing though the back of besa box?

(anybody know how to quote matt's pictures ?)

Mr? Veritas God

not sure which no.s are which photo's but can only see a device (hochiki base) in one pic, (apart from MCP which is not 9 or 11)is 11 the pic with 4 core passing though the back of besa box?(anybody know how to quote matt's pictures ?)

Sorry the pictures have jpg nos.

Customers!

Just hover over the pics.

Yes you can use nylon blocks in devices but as H states, needs to be metal box and fire proof connectors if not. Even B&Q have them.

I think the label isnt a major problem but you would label anyway if its your box.

If those joints had proper bloc it would be ok. It looks like a mix of pyro and fp /tuf so im guessing its been added to for the last few decades. Id be wary of addressable on pyro though i thought the capacitance caused problems.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Just hover over the pics.

Yes you can use nylon blocks in devices but as H states, needs to be metal box and fire proof connectors if not. Even B&Q have them.

I think the label isnt a major problem but you would label anyway if its your box.

If those joints had proper bloc it would be ok. It looks like a mix of pyro and fp /tuf so im guessing its been added to for the last few decades. Id be wary of addressable on pyro though i thought the capacitance caused problems.

Correct it is an older building. Rather than maintain a loop it has radial tagged to radials choc blocked to 6 more radials and has joints just choc blocked and stuffed into a false wall to cover it up.

Archived