Security Installer Community

Nice 'loop' On This Install By A Bafe Firm

The panel is in a college and has been throwing some random faults on the 'loop'. Going to see if making it a proper loop cured it or if other issues are there. The other problem is loop 2 I actually a 4 core radial as the out and in loop is on the same cable.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Corrupt data and missing heads but seems to be concentrated to a particular area of the building which is the furthest away from the panel and the end of the radial. Seems to come and go but its 6 heads in the same area that report the issues. I must confess fire is my weakest subject so I've come down here with my fire boffin to try and learn something from him. Quite worrying 3 buildings don't have any repeater panels in either and you have to go to a panel in a block 60m away to see we're the fire is. Seems a real bag of spanners. Never seen so many expletives come out of the engineers mouth in an hour. Normally quite a chilled guy but don't think he's too happy with T&P for doing it, especially as they are bafe, nic, FIA etc. he gets a bit emotional when he sees dodgy fire alarms.

Id be looking at the screens for a start.

Be interesting to see if they have turned earth monitor off!

Did said company design and install?

wouldnt that show a loop fault

No he means 2 cores out 2 cores back

Inside one cable

wouldnt that show a loop fault

Presumably not as its going out and back in on 2 pairs making a loop, just on the same cable but as I say I'm far from an expert on fire panels so hopefully ill learn something this week. Never really played with fire out in the wild as I don't know enough about it do I leave it to the people that do.

missing heads but seems to be concentrated to a particular area of the building which is the furthest away from the panel and the end of the radial. Seems to come and go but its 6 heads in the same area that report the issues.

id be looking at the the device before the last 6,faulty/water/cable faults.

Archived