Security Installer Community

Good 16Th Birthday Pressie?

Oxo

Didn't know Ibanez did Mahogany RgGs (do now!).  They look nice, chance of a photo?

Also a big Ibanez fan and have several including a mahogany RGA prestige with 58-13 strings tuned down to C with a dimarzio super distortion at the bridge (devastatingly brutal!) and this baby which I had custom made at the Ibanez Hoshino factory in the USA in 1992 God, that's 21 years ago!)

Very nice, I can only imagine the brutal sound from that on 13's in C.

I only have one electric axe - Ibanez RG321MHRB

Not been playing for a very long time.

Stock on D'addario 9's

post-29920-0-60558400-1364834688_thumb.j

The Royal Blue never comes across well in photo's, it's a nice colour.

Even tho it's not the top of the range there isn't another guitar like it in the range.

5 way selector wiring is very different, Mahogany body.

May need a fret polish soon the jumbo frets seem really soft.

However I am a pedalboard freak ... :whistle:

post-29920-0-43652600-1364833856_thumb.j

That RG looks beautiful SWB, it really is a classic axe!  Bet it plays nicely too, best necks on the planet.

That pedalboard looks mental, what's the square thing on the bottom right with all the lights on it?

I was an early adopter of the rack stuff back in the late 80s and got one of the first ADA  MP1 preamps, ran it with an Alesis quadraverb and a Boogie 50-50 tube amp.  Beautiful sound, but then sold it for a stupid price...and then brought the same again but with a Marshall power amp...and then sold that for a stupid price, the folly of youth.

Now I've dispensed with all effects and run a TSL122 with just a bit of reverb.  Thinking of getting a Boogie MKV though as used by John Petrucci of Dream Theater.

Finding the time to play is far more complicated than getting the gear sadly.

That RG looks beautiful SWB, it really is a classic axe!  Bet it plays nicely too, best necks on the planet.

That pedalboard looks mental, what's the square thing on the bottom right with all the lights on it?

Finding the time to play is far more complicated than getting the gear sadly.

I agree, I love it.

Finding the time to play is a problem here too.

This was what killed the band I was in, never even played a gig.

It's a Bypass switcher with Switchable Buffer, that's where my signal chain starts.

http://www.brightonion.co.uk/ab-pedal-with-loop-buffer-tuner-mute/

I like to have my clean signal at as many points in the chain as possible. I get all my gain from the pedals you see.

The other white pedal is a "factory second" brightonion looper too, this is the Distortion/Delay Looper.

All of my kit is second hand apart from the pedalcase and leads.

Well not including the kit I built.

The top silver box is my own 8 way individual output super clean power supply.

The grey "Porcupine" is a Creamy Russian Pi Clone.

For those really interested in pedalboard's full sig-chain is...

Ibanez RG321MH RB> BOP Switcher [Tuner - TC Polytune][buffer][Loop - Swollen Pickle MK2 > GCB95 Modded TB > EHX POG 2] > Self Made Russian Pi > BOP 2 Loop Switcher [Loop A - Metal Muff Top Boost][Loop B - GCB95 Modded Volume Pedal > VOX Time Machine > EHX Holy Stain] > VOX AD15VT (Modelling AC30TB)

The thing with individual pedals is the tonal qualities each one has with another.

You don't get that with ToneLabs or Racks.

It keeps you on your toes too :)

???

bernard.jpg

no I think that's matt chilling out on his holidays/ MAS convention ?

this fat bloke

used in an advert ? (I forget what for?)

the old man's just bought one of these

Which reminds me of 1st vid,

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Nice to see a few other guitarists on here :) Been in and out of bands for about 10 years, currently in a cover band that's in the rehearsing for gigs stage. Going well so far! I've got a bit of an equipment problem in the sense that I seem to aquire it more easily than I get shut of it! Got eBay to thank for that one, too many bargains to pass up. All the stuff in this picture is second hand, except for the Strat and the Orange AD30. Got a couple more pedals kicking about too.

SWB, what's the PSU consist of? Need to replace an ailing PP2 that's started to hum on one or two of the outputs, so was thinking of putting together my own when I get a minute.

post-1903-0-01568600-1364846984_thumb.jp

Trade Member

Nice to see a few other guitarists on here :) Been in and out of bands for about 10 years, currently in a cover band that's in the rehearsing for gigs stage. Going well so far!

I am getting the feeling the world is very small, what's your cover band called OOI.

SWB, what's the PSU consist of? Need to replace an ailing PP2 that's started to hum on one or two of the outputs, so was thinking of putting together my own when I get a minute.

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/topic/34295-make-your-own-noise-free-power-supply-unit/

Beware I spend many hours on it to get it perfect. :)

I have just replaced a transformer to get more grunt for my POG 2.

Archived