Security Installer Community

Good 16Th Birthday Pressie?

Oxo

We've only been together for around 2 or 3 months so not settled on a name yet. All the good ones we've picked so far have already been nabbed by someone else! A couple of local bands I've been in are Eighth Wave and Inside View, you may or may not have heard of 'em if you're reasonably local.

Just read your PSU thread, looks quite involved to build up from scratch! Might just attempt a repair on the PP2 for now. Can't be anything more than a dodgy cap or resistor, hopefully.

Trade Member

What sort of stuff are you guys playing? If SWB likes Ibanez that gives an idea, I can spy a tasty looking Les Paul in Antinode's pic too.

Oxo like's Maiden I believe and Ozzy, all good stuff!

Oh yeah and what amps, is that a Diesel head under the Orange Antinode?

Interested as one of our former band members from Winstanley has recently started/joined a covers band, not sure what there called.

Winstanley is very local to me, and the singer from one of my old bands lives just off Tan House Drive, but I don't think he's in a cover band at the mo. Small world!

What sort of stuff are you guys playing? If SWB likes Ibanez that gives an idea, I can spy a tasty looking Les Paul in Antinode's pic too.

Oxo like's Maiden I believe and Ozzy, all good stuff!

Oh yeah and what amps, is that a Diesel head under the Orange Antinode?

I do a decent "Crazy Train" when the mood strikes :) I play anything from Chic to Megadeth via The Carpenters, U2, The Verve, Pink Floyd, The Smiths, Thin Lizzy, AC/DC, REM. Bit of everything really, if it's got a guitar in it! The Les Paul is actually a Tokai Love Rock w/headstock break repair (oops!) Great guitar for the price, especially given Gibson's QC issues of recent years.

Yep, that's a Diezel VH4 :) Awesome amp! The others are a Fender Prosonic, Mesa Trem-o-verb, 90's Korg Reissue Vox AC30TB, Marshall DSL100 and an Orange AD30 with a 4x12.

Trade Member

Winstanley is very local to me, and the singer from one of my old bands lives just off Tan House Drive, but I don't think he's in a cover band at the mo. Small world!

Our former singer/guitarist lives off Highfield Grange Avenue IIRC, yes that's exactly what I was thinking. Small World!

Bit of everything really, if it's got a guitar in it!

Exactly.

Excellent, everyone likes the same music, you could start a ban called The Security Ins...no, ok forget it :P

SWB, Tokais are indeed very well made guitars and those Diezels (when I spell it right) monstrous, I've got a friend with one, it's 180W apparently!  Hats off if you can do the Randy Rhoads thing, not sure my fingers can still move that fast but was well into Vai years ago.

Archived