Security Installer Community

Hi. Lone Worker Device Advice Wanted.

pcaouolte

we have a system and apps that are managed by our arc when they are passed a call. 

Do you use them when your out on your own?

I can't think of anything worse than having a ticking clock I have to report to every x minutes to tell it that I'm ok. Would drive me nuts.

we all still do ox,lone working is the next ppi,theres no hard and fast rules,just the ras of that job,we as an industry are at risk due the hours we do and the situations we find ourselves in

Stop scaremongering. Where's the danger in prowling around on your own in the middle of the night where burglars might be? :proud:

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Stop scaremongering. Where's the danger in prowling around on your own in the middle of the night where burglars might be? :proud:

that was your choice tho matt,but your right in the situtations we could face..

that was your choice tho matt,but your right in the situtations we could face..

I wasn't refering to that particular incident but as it happens I'm going back there tonight, at about 11pm on my own.

For years most of us have been out late at night, often after working a full day and prowling round dark places with only a keyholder for protection at best and it was just the normal thing until all this lone worker stuff appeared. When I did service calls at ADT I could go days wihout speaking to my FLM. I just picked the jobs out of the queue and did them. When on nights no one ever bothered where I was or if I was ok and tbh it never bothered me.

Tonights a good example, I'm off to a customers on my own till probably midnight, I'll probably call in to one of our office that is unmanned to complete some IT work that was a pain to do in the day as people moan when you play around with things and get home around 2 but no one will have a clue where I am or if I am alive. I wouldn't dream as an employer asking one of my lot to do it but it really doesn't bother me. I'd find the lone worker gizmo more annoying than any perceived threat to my safety. Same in the office, I am the only one that doesn't have a radio PA attached to my waist.

matt, when im on call i use the same system yes.

Don't you want to do to it the same as everyone suggested we do to that Pyronix panel?

Don't you feel like calling in to big brother?

non payment?

:proud: 

This customer pays well. They have got a new CCTV system thats using a new API in MASvideo and I want to test it thoroughly to make sure it's working 100% with all their custom software they are running on site. Impossible to test during the day as all the detectors are in alarm.

Archived