Security Installer Community

Rogue Trader?

jollyroger123

I appreciate points made just think is seems strange thats all.

I havent actually checked the PCB yet. Ill get part number and correspond date on PCB. Surely if the date and model match and now is obselete then it hasnt been changed.

Thanks for your help

-So would be worth changing PCB although a new unit cost £35 retail including new box?

-Surely a new keypad would have same dimensions, so no redecoration needed?

-This is a vunerable old lady who lives on her own, After I asked why there was no report or receipt left he said he would post it to me. He then rang me 10 minutes later and said there was a mistake with the price and it should have been £360. Would you not be a little suspicious too?

I can't say what has or hasn't been done on what you've posted. PCB would often be changed into old case as it much easier to do, never found a reason to just swap a pcb into an old keypad.

£660.00 for repairs & replacement during a service visit would on the surface appear to be the work of Robin B'astard

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

I dont believe he is approved installer as I cant find any info online about the company, `i think he just a one man band. I would assume the standard service was also carried out at the time although can confirm this when I recieve the report.

He's had you pants down, Now i may have left the back half of the control panel in, but would have fitted the new lid and keypad membrane.

I would have replace all of both keypads.

I find it have hard that most of your system has gone tits up.

I reckon most firms would have replaced all the system components including bell for less than that. (apart form nsi golds anyway)

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Archived