Security Installer Community

Rogue Trader?

jollyroger123

The invoice will tell me he has changed the PCBs in the main unit and the two in remote keypads. Im not "ASSUMING" this as this is what he has told me. I was only asking if normally you would change just the PCB?? i.e. would a you carry spare PCBs for a service visit

I appreciate I dont know all the details yet as he hasnt given a report yet, I just thought I would some people with experience, this is not my field.

The invoice will tell me he has changed the PCBs in the main unit and the two in remote keypads. Im not "ASSUMING" this as this is what he has told me. I was only asking if normally you would change just the PCB?? i.e. would a you carry spare PCBs for a service visit

I appreciate I dont know all the details yet as he hasnt given a report yet, I just thought I would some people with experience, this is not my field.

I think your gut feeling maybe right, tell him Christmas was over 2 months ago.

I dont carry any panels, they are left in the stores, i dont have any pcb's.

If he has turned up to site with panel amd 2 spare keypads, i reckon there is something not right.

To replace rkp pcb without leaving you with shiny new keypad membrane at the very least, should ring alarm bells.

ADE is lowest of the low, but does last a good few years, so i wouldnt see the need to go on service visits with a stock of these in the van or on the back of the horse.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

And what difference would that make??

He would have been required to leave paperwork because of the rules and he would have an 'independent' avenue with the inspectorate if he felt aggrieved. Also would have been assured the guy didn't have any black marks on his pnc if working in an approved co. as it stands, the guy could have ten convictions to his name.

For us, PCBs would be to order.

I dont carry any panels, they are left in the stores, i dont have any pcb's.

If he has turned up to site with panel amd 2 spare keypads, i reckon there is something not right.

To replace rkp pcb without leaving you with shiny new keypad membrane at the very least, should ring alarm bells.

ADE is lowest of the low, but does last a good few years, so i wouldnt see the need to go on service visits with a stock of these in the van or on the back of the horse.

Agreed

Fitting ADE optima *****???

Not my cup of tea but I've seen them in approved cos. sometimes with a Redcare attached to the bell output.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

but would you go with the aggro of ordering one, for the cost, you may as well take it out of a panel.

If it was one of them, it would be a new panel. The engineers carry a couple of panels as stock so could whip the PCB out of a new panel but seems Aritech panels don't blow up that often. I remember we had some CDs that every thunderstorm I thought we'd finally get a chance to change to ats but in the end we gave up before they did.

He would have been required to leave paperwork because of the rules and he would have an 'independent' avenue with the inspectorate if he felt aggrieved. Also would have been assured the guy didn't have any black marks on his pnc if working in an approved co. as it stands, the guy could have ten convictions to his name.

So, no benefit at all then eh.

On a job at the moment where  a certain Gold is trying to behave in a similar fashion to the one mentioned by the OP.

So why carry spare PCBs, i wouldnt.

If the board has gone tits up, client would have phoned long before RMV.

We don't, just complete panels and the only reason they do is to meet a sla for a particular client where if the control kit dies out of hours we have to replace it out of hours or pay for a guard.

Archived