Security Installer Community

New Install Premier 48-W

eky

While i welcome it, i wonder if someone else will do it. ie people that use texecom moan about the end user support but it doesnt result in any lost sales as they continued to use the product.

How much new business was gained due to this support that now be lost to another manufacturer?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

While i welcome it, i wonder if someone else will do it. ie people that use texecom moan about the end user support but it doesnt result in any lost sales as they continued to use the product.

How much new business was gained due to this support that now be lost to another manufacturer?

I get that but I must admit I don't like it when manufactuers give support to end users. Saying that is it good business? I don't know how much Texecom make out of a panel and keypad but lets say its £20. If they have to pay someone to sit on the phone for an hour on and off helping a DIYer then the profit they would have made, has gone. They also have that support for the life of the panel so next time Danny DIY gets motivated to do some add ons like a wireless pir in the shed, the phone call will probably follow.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I didn't say we had stopped support for DIY or indeed new installers you can usually tell in a minute or so who they are, it's just that we are now monitoring the calls we get, whos calling, the subject matter, and how we deal with people based on the answer to the question about registration details, more work needs to be done, but the endgame will be priority for registered pro installers, and if we continually get calls from so called pro's, making sure we do the training required to bring them up a level. You would be surprised the % of calls we get from so called pro installers on the most basic issues, i know you guys want to get through real quick and get the answer, and to be fair a lot of the guys from places like this do not what they are doing, and only ring as a last resort.

Monitoring of calls also highlights potential issues with the way we implement things on our equipment, it could be argued that we don't do everything the right way, so if we get 40 calls a month on how to enable SIA reporting over IP, maybe the way we do it is not correct.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

I didn't say we had stopped support for DIY or indeed new installers you can usually tell in a minute or so who they are, it's just that we are now monitoring the calls we get, whos calling, the subject matter, and how we deal with people based on the answer to the question about registration details, more work needs to be done, but the endgame will be priority for registered pro installers, and if we continually get calls from so called pro's, making sure we do the training required to bring them up a level. You would be surprised the % of calls we get from so called pro installers on the most basic issues, i know you guys want to get through real quick and get the answer, and to be fair a lot of the guys from places like this do not what they are doing, and only ring as a last resort.

Monitoring of calls also highlights potential issues with the way we implement things on our equipment, it could be argued that we don't do everything the right way, so if we get 40 calls a month on how to enable SIA reporting over IP, maybe the way we do it is not correct.

Thats the frustration. There are those of us that call after endless troubleshooting and reference to the manual so when we want the manufacturers help it is a last resort but equally I've seen 1st hand the rubbish calls both Honeywell and Aritech get from 'pros' with such questions as how do I program a fob. It must frustrate you as much as it does us.

Can you not do level 1, 2 and 3 support.

Only (and keep this away from sales) allow the proper lads access to go straight to level 3?

Aritech do that. If they sell to you, you're automatically level 3 :proud:

Seriously, I think thats a great idea.

Archived