Security Installer Community

New Install Premier 48-W

eky

Am novice to the alarms!  and am thinking of installing premier 48-w to my 3 bed with ground floor extension  semi detached  house. any help advise will be appreciated.

1. besides the kit i will buy addtional  2 impaq plus contact for the upstairs bedroom window and bathroom window. I will also buy addtional impaq contact for the patio door(this will not  be used for entry/exit.) also advise if it is ok to put wireless contact in bathroom?

2. what speech or speech+text dialler ccan i use with this control panel

3. was thinking of getting Texecom odessey external .

thanking in advance. 

Hi Eky,

The Premier is pro kit so won't be as straight forward as your normal DIY kit but is a nice piece of kit all the same.

Do you have any specific questions we can help you with other than the above 2?

Any speech dialler is fine as it is triggered off an output and does the bathroom really need a contact?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Thank you for your reply.

I appreciate that this kit is pro! but when i compared the prices then the next one down was  cheaper by £50 and the premier with additional 3 contaqs plus smart key + dialler + sounder was £650 circa.

1. Ithink i need contact for bathroom as one can access first floor rear without ladder hense is it ok to put wireless in the batroom or will i have false alarms?

2. will appreciate if you can identify middle price communicater make and model?

3. If possible i also want to know premier 48w wireless  distance ability ( at what distance can i put either pir/contact for securing an area.

4.How many wired zones are on this panel?

5. Is it ok to put impaq contact on patio even if not used as entry/exit ?

thanking in advance   

Thank you for your reply.

I appreciate that this kit is pro! but when i compared the prices then the next one down was  cheaper by £50 and the premier with additional 3 contaqs plus smart key + dialler + sounder was £650 circa.

1. Ithink i need contact for bathroom as one can access first floor rear without ladder hense is it ok to put wireless in the batroom or will i have false alarms?

2. will appreciate if you can identify middle price communicater make and model?

3. If possible i also want to know premier 48w wireless  distance ability ( at what distance can i put either pir/contact for securing an area.

4.How many wired zones are on this panel?

5. Is it ok to put impaq contact on patio even if not used as entry/exit ?

thanking in advance   

your out your depth mate,you need a quote from an installer in your area,failing that b&q it is

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate that this kit is pro! but when i compared the prices then the next one down was  cheaper by £50 and the premier with additional 3 contaqs plus smart key + dialler + sounder was £650 circa.1. Ithink i need contact for bathroom as one can access first floor rear without ladder hense is it ok to put wireless in the batroom or will i have false alarms?2. will appreciate if you can identify middle price communicater make and model?3. If possible i also want to know premier 48w wireless  distance ability ( at what distance can i put either pir/contact for securing an area.4.How many wired zones are on this panel?5. Is it ok to put impaq contact on patio even if not used as entry/exit ?thanking in advance   
I'm not sure if the manufacturers technically certify it for such use with the condensation but I have a radio device in a bathroom and its not exploded yet. The most popular communicator seems to be the sd1+ seems to be very popular although never installed them myself as we only do central station monitoring,48 zones Not a raving fan of any shock detectors to be honest. Generally you either turn the sensitivity down so low a jcb bashing the window in wouldn't trigger it or you get plagued with false alarms. Avoid if possible.
your out your depth mate,you need a quote from an installer in your area,failing that b&q it is
Agreed if you need to ask these questions it may be an idea to seek the installation assistance of a small approved company close to you or to lower the kit spec to one a DIY enthusiast could master.Doesn't mean not happy to advise you on what you would like though and guide you on what is good or bad kit.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

The Pemier 48-w can have 32 wireless zone and 4 wired zones out of the box as per texecom's spec. This can all be expanded via expanders and keypads. Have a look at the user guide on there web site for some more info. Agreed with others get some quotes from local companies.

Archived