Security Installer Community

Sme Server

james.wilson

I think there are enterprise one but well steep. There on pcix cards

The confidence is a bit dented from the 4/6 that we have had that have failed. To be fair they were all crucial ones so another vendor might have a more reliable drive. Love the performance, but I'm nervous now. On my main PC I took the SSD out and put in a normal SATA drive. Not as fast but been reliable. Our servers all use Seagate Cheetah drives and they get pounded as they are running virtual machines and to be fair to Seagate, never had any of their drives fail on me.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Got bitten by SSD failure a few years ago - haven't been back since.

Not pure hardware failure as such, some nasty firmware bug that couldn't be updated

and ultimately corrupted the drive so it couldn't be read. Nice. At least it was so big

a problem the manf. admitted it and offered full refunds (I wasn't up for trying again).

Assuming nice and reliable now, although 4/6 failures suggests otherwise!

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Hi James

I am almost there now, the sme is installed and tested, it has two network cards fitted. I have run a gigabit network around the house, at the moment I am using my router for DHCP but I want to use the SME.

Do you need the other HDD installed yet or can this be done after the set up?

Pete 

Archived