Security Installer Community

Nice Speaker Installation Down The Local Bowling Alley

that maybe so matt,but im sure the customer will appriciate an engineer vist by one of your lads after a false alarm even an uncornfimed without ringing you to report it,rather than an email which might not get read,thats proactive rather than reactive customer service

I dont remove urns we just charge more for resets after 3 for the same reason where they are not resposible with the system. I also think FALSE alarm management is more than printing the stats. Its an active process imo. I wouldn't pull a urn as it would leave us wide open in the event of a genuine

I appreciate that, and I also appreciate we could be left with the bill, or at least an expensive legal bill. I prefer to be active about it rather than site behind an excel spreadsheet. Do you not think we are on borrowed time with the police and that what Kent have done is just the start of them all following?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I dont remove urns we just charge more for resets after 3 for the same reason where they are not resposible with the system. I also think FALSE alarm management is more than printing the stats. Its an active process imo. I wouldn't pull a urn as it would leave us wide open in the event of a genuine

James /everyone

i would be intrested to hear your thoughts on the passing of policeable alarms to a key holder for at risk sites. as i said we can change the status of a confirmed to keyholder and let them ask the ARC to Police. The keyholde has the personel site knoledge to make that call taking into account time of day and locatin of alarm v risk etc.

Customers!

that maybe so matt,but im sure the customer will appriciate an engineer vist by one of your lads after a false alarm even an uncornfimed without ringing you to report it,rather than an email which might not get read,thats proactive rather than reactive customer service

We do follow the email up by letting the keyholders know and we do follow up with an engineer vist to look at what the reason is and to try and resolve it. When we first take over and put out kit in, we do and try at that stage to get to unsetting from outside and maglocking the door to avoid the issue of activations on entry. Most customers see the value in what we are trying to do and do take some actions based on our recommendations. Those that don't are usually the ones who don't really care so much and even with training, lecturing, suspentions, they just don't care.

I can think of 2 particular golf clubs currently that we are having trouble with. 1 has 13 confirmed alarms in the past year and the other 7. They just walse in periodically and set it off. They don't want to maglock the doors and they don't care that their URN's are suspended. I'm unsure what more we can do to assist without showing up each morning and turning the system off for them. It's these guys that are my concearn. We have had customers who have made a genuine slip up, a once in a blue moon situation and we put them back on without waiting the 30 days but because they agree to do something. Its the guys that say that they aren't really bothered about it that we tend to be a bit harsher with.

James /everyone

i would be intrested to hear your thoughts on the passing of policeable alarms to a key holder for at risk sites. as i said we can change the status of a confirmed to keyholder and let them ask the ARC to Police. The keyholde has the personel site knoledge to make that call taking into account time of day and locatin of alarm v risk etc.

We do that on some sites and it works well. I know years ago when Westcounty Security were around they did this with our customers and it worked well.

But hey. you wanna pay, then carry on.

my point is, i'll avoid all the above points by simply not putting myself in the situation in the first place!  i won't have to pay anything because i won't get the letter in the first place.i agree it's **** that they get a way with what they do but i've got plenty of other things to worry about and i'm sure you do too??

there seems to be 2 very very different topics all wrapped up here!!

James /everyone

i had a couple of customers like that,that was before confirmed came in,arc would ring after 1 trip,customer decided if keyholder or police,2nd trip again arc rang for customers permission to police which they did,tho that was all in writing between customer and company and arc instructions

my point is, i'll avoid all the above points by simply not putting myself in the situation in the first place!  i won't have to pay anything because i won't get the letter in the first place.i agree it's **** that they get a way with what they do but i've got plenty of other things to worry about and i'm sure you do too??

Agreed. As this isn't the parking forum, maybe we should leave it for forums that are for such purpose and keep this to security. Appologies James for sidetracking.

I can think of 2 particular golf clubs currently that we are having trouble with. 1 has 13 confirmed alarms in the past year and the other 7. They just walse in periodically and set it off. They don't want to maglock the doors

well thats easy to rectify by reprogramming

Illegal activity and you are happy to be turned over, thus giving it some false validity.??

Invoice on it's way.

Archived