Security Installer Community

Best Place To Affix Pir's To Cover My Garage?

Tommygunn

I'm looking to place a couple of standard PIR's within my below ground garage space to cover all possible points of entry, however, I need some advice as to the placement, taklng into account the various entry points and other factors.

Below I have pieced together a montage of the garage space. There is a main garage door and a window next to it, two windows at the rear of the garage, a back room and window (out of shot) and the door up to the house at the centre right.

Other factors that may effect things are that the garage door, and immediately above it, are ventilated via louvres and mesh. The two windows at the rear, plus the back-room window are sometimes left open (low risk - below ground with metal grill above).

Any recommedations on how to cover all these points with two PIR's and whether there will be problems with breeze (very little), spiders etc etc.

Many thanks,

Tom.

GarageMontage.jpg

I wouldn't put a PIR or DT in there with the door as it is, contact on the door and window.

Ding!

The LHD punto, the loured door, the grill above the head of the garage door & the foreign electrics all point to somewhere sunnier than Barnsley

I suspect the extremes of temperature & white light bouncing all the shop will be a touch too hostile for even a DT

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Archived