Security Installer Community

Adt

a1steve

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, might give them a call.

Leg seems to finally be responding to treatment. Although still rattle with the tablets :teehee:

Having a quick look about not a lot about at the moment and only £14.00 P/H. Plus OT.

Self advert:

Multi Role, also weld and Locksmith. North London based, M1, M4 , M25 Corridor and easy access to City.

Auto gates too.................

Who needs a good asset?

Didn't they nearly or actually go bang a little while ago?

Believe that they had a winding up order from the high court issued which they manged to beat in 2009 ish ?

retailers are rather good at buying, to the extreme that they need to slap "fair trade marks" on to chocolate bars & coffee jars to denote the suppliers they only half shafted...

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

They charging enough though. Didn't they nearly or actually go bang a little while ago?

Indeed they did.

They were actually in the process of administration. Managed to avoid it with one day to go. I understand Daddy baled them out.

Have you not noticed lack of detection and visible RKP`s (Okay I know some are fobs now).

I know of one chain of betting shops that have no police response.

One chain of phone retailers whose stores all have the same code.

Another has a break glass on the outside of their store rooms to satisfy the fire escape regs..................the manager was a bit aghast when I pointed it out (Was there assisting a friend on a upgrade, non techie chap).

Cracker or what???

Well obviously some are not.

I have experienced a few companies in London where T/O`s have been done and even the smaller are dire. Especially with servicing.

One job sticks in my mind, it had been serviced for 3 years. Panel in loft and you needed the trebles to get up there. So I got them and went up, reading the log book before hand it had been tested and all signals received and restores as you would expect.

EXCEPT, there was no communicator on it.

So for 6 visits 3 separate "Engineers" had falsified the log books. Was supposed to be a digi, but even so. At least test calls would catch this.

When informed the office just said to tell the customer it was faulty and we would return the next day to replace FOC.

Seen other horror stories, but then again we all have I suppose.

While at hex I went to a PVM not in my area to find the Digi not working.

Checked with arc only to find its last signal was 4 years ago, shocking as it had been serviced 8 times by another engineer and signed off as all ok.

It was a domestic and the panel was under the stairs, although it was a Telecom 680 panel.

The one I was on about was a TS900, hardly a complex panel if you know Cooper products. Damn, from TS690 up they all have the same comms outputs and defaults. Not exactly a mind stretching exercise, although looking back there were some knuckle draggers there. I remember once a install bloke offered me out in the car park when we used to restock once a week. I told him if he did his work correctly I would not have to spend twice as much time on a job and then have to justify it to the service manager. And that I was holding a 12vdc battery and it would look good buried in his head, and the shock might buck his ideas up :-

Archived