Security Installer Community

Alarm Master Wont Conect To Word 2007

sle101

Limited liability. People do treat you different if your an 'engineer' etc. Also I am never the decision maker even though i want to deal with that person myself.

I dont need to have a title on my business card, office door etc. Some do though

QFA,

Paul you can tell you have had your own company. There are lots of reason, for me its about understanding the client and how to make them spend their money with the company I own shares in.

Customers might think less of a company it means the boss has to go out on the tools. That isn't the case but some people have that perception. Some customer prefer the fact the boss is on the tools, again it's just different peoples take on it. We're not a huge company so most customers know it's my firm but I don't openly say that. It's not because I'm ashamed Paul (odd comment anyway) it's just easier sometimes to let people assume I'm not the guy who's benefiting the most from the quote I'm about to give them.

QFA, I often let them think as they like.

Paul you seem somewhat narrow minded at times.

Narrow minded?

Never had that said before.

I just cannot see why you would in fact tell a lie about yourself.

Good example, I was a Senior Manager/Engineer and did the payroll. To include taking the money out of the bank each Friday. Roughly 7 grand a week in cash was the amount I took out. After 6 years or so it went tits up as I had divorced the owners wifes cousin, (Work that out) Got the bullet, sack - fired.

The owner went to the bank the following Friday to get wages and was refused. They insisted I was there to collect the cash.And I had to go and tell them.

So much for pretending not to own the company.

At least this shows I am totally trustworthy :D

As for narrow minded, still laughing now.

with the customers its best to have business type professional relationships, IMHO the less you tell the better if you get too friendly it becomes mates rates & favours....

I was a Senior Manager/Engineer and did the payroll.....After 6 years or so it went tits up as I had divorced the owners wifes cousin, (Work that out) Got the bullet, sack - fired.

planning devil's advocate, have you ever consider they might have wanted to bin you off before the divorce but held back thinking the family would fall out ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

The owner went to the bank the following Friday to get wages and was refused. They insisted I was there to collect the cash.And I had to go and tell them.

Guessing the only reason for this is your boss had no ID, for if he had they would have no rights to insist you go and verify him.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

I own this business, I am a decision maker but not the only one, nor do I make the most decisions. Indeed I am only consulted for the toughies,

I am a spark by trade and I like to think a good one, I have no formal training in business management only experience gained. Therefore it suits me to be on the tools where im good and let the professionals run the business where they are good. I have no wish to be identified as “the boss” its not relevant or useful. I have a boss who calls the tune and I play to that tune because it keeps the band succsesful.

Customers!

planning devil's advocate, have you ever consider they might have wanted to bin you off before the divorce but held back thinking the family would fall out ?

Not playing at all, after I had trained the (His) sons and a few others ( In locksmithing, electronic security and welding. Plus civil works) I was in for a kick into touch. I had been warned by another mate who went to school with the owner.

It was coming, the divorce was just an accelerant.

Teach me to train others up to my standard. But then again that was part of the job. Silly of me not to see it coming earlier.

As for the bank, yes indeed he had no ID on him that day and I was in the area and had to keep the ****** sweet for a bit.

Archived