Security Installer Community

Asbestos!

jb-eye

I think P-clips inside the trunking was mentioned?

No they werent

Are we? How are you going to fix the cables in accordance with BS5839?

See Pic

But what about the dust?

Read scot mod

the trunking is on the wall

No its not.

post-2708-0-02418400-1343756619_thumb.jp

Customers!

We usually use yt4 for our other low voltage at the same time. Pclips fit better I think but I fount those firclips to be bloody expensive. 47p each last time I got a quote!

I always use YT2 and the clips are exspensive @ 34p each and YT2S/A @£1.40 3mts. i specced YT3 on this occassion because of the door retainers. i intend them being wired in the same trunking (part of fire alarm) and will probably use 230vac (same cable rating).

When we use P clips we tend to interweave the fixing when there are two cables. I see where your at with the bigger trunking but YT2 looks neater IMO.

i hadnt planed on drilling the board but rather screwing in directly using the trunking and the SAdhesive as the seal. But your idea sits easier on my mind. I have No external influence on these jobs as we are normaly: Design, Instal, Commission and maintenance. i often sub the instal to sparkies because i have better things for my lot to be doing.

Customers!

No they werent

See Pic

Read scot mod

No its not.

post-2708-0-02418400-1343756619_thumb.jp

Back to square one then

We usually use yt4 for our other low voltage at the same time. Pclips fit better I think but I fount those firclips to be bloody expensive. 47p each last time I got a quote!

Dont you use the buckle clips, easy and neat and compliant

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Still have to screw these into the cieling though?

I think he's settled on blu-taking a batten to the ceiling and screwing into that?

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

We did the serious stuf now were at the take the pss time. Enjoy! At least me and Scotmod know where were are at.

Seriously gents. thanks for the help i feel sure this topic will be useful to more than me.

Customers!

Dont you use the buckle clips, easy and neat and compliant

I did until I got a stonking deal on p clips. If its in trunking then doesn't really matter to me. Most jobs now i quote with trunking/tray or buckle for surface work. We used to do a lot of YT2 but it's been well over a year since we've done a fire only install so yt4 makes the most sense for us.

Re fixing your p clips. Just fix through your trunking and into your rawl plug. Sticky back holds it up and your fixing through the p clips will hold the containment just fine. Usually we leave our asbestos subby a couple thousand screws and plugs and when it's cable chucking time we just unscrew rescrew and lid.

Archived