Security Installer Community

Nsi Or Ssaib

J_G

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We're changing from SSAIB to NSI and I must admit the NSI have asked for a lot of things we have never needed to do whilst under SSAIB

Will it make you a better firm, or just more red tape?

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Its easy for those of us that only know one inspectorate to assume things. only those guys that have seen first hand both bodies can truly make an informed view.

However it looks like we will be ssiab as well as nsi gold this year. A few reasons for it but mainly i hate being asked the difference by new customers so this way i can actually have an informed view

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Will it make you a better firm, or just more red tape?

Possibly both

Its easy for those of us that only know one inspectorate to assume things. only those guys that have seen first hand both bodies can truly make an informed view. However it looks like we will be ssiab as well as nsi gold this year. A few reasons for it but mainly i hate being asked the difference by new customers so this way i can actually have an informed view

Seems like an expensive exercise for just an informed view James :P

Hey Ho, Lets Go

Possibly both

Seems like an expensive exercise for just an informed view James :P

SSAIB is cheap if you already have all the bits you need. I think I would do the same if we ever went for NSI. I think Chris lewis and a few other firms do it.

At the end of the day it is just a badge. It is all down to the quality of the workforce. Paperwork in the office can be hashed together the week before a visit and you can choose what sites to take the technical inspector to. The trick is having good engineers that are always willing to learn and adapt to any changes and aren't just like well this is how i have done it for ten years.

Archived