Security Installer Community

Home Alarm With Web Interface?

jaykay1975

Hi all

I currently have a self installed Texecom Premier 24 house alarm fitted and working well. However, does anyone know if there is a good application / plug-in that I can integrate with my system to allow me to control it (activate / deactivate / monitor) over the internet?

I have a comm module fitted that allows me to connect into the main control unit, but I've never used it (no cables or software), but from what I've read its pretty much just a programming interface and nothing more. I dont want an sms from the alarm, I'd like an e-mail with the details if its been activated while I am away.

Surely with the way technology had moved on over the past 10 years companies like Texecom should be encouraging web connectivity / intergation of their systems.

Sorry for the part rant, but anyone got a solution or opinion?

cheers

Unfortunately the investment in security is only as good as the front end input (customers) and the majority of customers would rather spend more on the games console than the equipment to protect it and the home they and the family live in.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Why do people insist that they want to arm/disarm their alarm system via the web. This feature would be very rarely used I would think. Spending the money on proper monitoring would be more worth while I'm sure.

QFA I cant think of one time when I have left the house without setting the alarm,(Its a bit like leaving the house with the door unlocked never done that either) and I cant think of any reason as to why I wouold want to disarm remotely. Also if your not there how do you know that it has set?

QFA I cant think of one time when I have left the house without setting the alarm,(Its a bit like leaving the house with the door unlocked never done that either) and I cant think of any reason as to why I wouold want to disarm remotely. Also if your not there how do you know that it has set?

Please stop using logical argument the sub always knowes best.....

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

I rarely use the physical keypad. It's fixed in a cupboard, as I don't want it on a wall in the house. I use my phone to set/unset the system. I use my phone for many things, so why not setting/unsetting the alarm ? You can't stop technology, just embrace it ;)

Archived