Security Installer Community

Perimeter Protection

SPS

Can anyone suggest a good wireless external perimeter protection system to use to link to a CCTV DVR.

Something with outputs or a text message dialer would be good so the customer can receive a message when someone outside their premises.

I was thinking of fitting a Texecom 48w. Takex external PIRs can be connected to the door contact inputs and a com2400 will send a text to the customer on activation. The panel outputs can be wired to the DVR to trigger alarm channels and PTZ activations.

Any other cheaper ideas as this is a fairly pricy one?

We use wireless solar powered beams

www.alarmsforfarms.com

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Wouldn't use SMS, too unreliable

The thing I like about the text is it will tell the customer exactly what detection device has activated so they can quickly check their CCTV system to see what's going on. Is there another form of signalling that would do such a precise alert for the price or a com2400 unit?

I think the only other option would be the comgsm, but even if the customer will pay for it, you then have the issue of it having a sim card and credit (unless they go on contract or something?)

You could do something similar with a com2400 unit though but it would have to be monitored. Program your digi channels (1-8 fast format) to follow your beam inputs and setup your with the CS as like pin 1 - front perimeter beam. I guess you could even use ContactID or SIA but I have no experience with these formats

Hey Ho, Lets Go

wireless external pirs we use are either the gjd units, or redwalls.

gjd is good value but doesnt scale as well. But you mention wiring the sensors to the alarm inputs? so are you afetr wireless or wired?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

• 4 weeks later...

How about wiring pirs directly to the dvrs alarm inputs then configure the dvr to send email alerts when the alarm inputs are activated? With a smartphone with push email alerts arrive pretty quick. Downside is occassionally the message can be delayed. I'm afraid its always a balancing act between price and performance.

Archived