Security Installer Community

10 Years And Still So Much To Learn

Wyatthaplo

I guess that depends more on your target market. A company doing small domestics installs probably wont bother. My old company had over 500 alarms and we never used UDL. Its great for big complex installs, such as offices and such but a simple 2 up 2 down house its quicker to program from the keypad and with domestics I think the customer likes having the 2 site visits a year.

Not having any experience, or knowlege of the banking sector, do they allow udl?do they allow ip connections?

Grade 4 is something ive never bothered to pay attention to, so i have no real knowledge there

btw, im not asking if banks allow you to do a maintenance over pstn, just if they, or grade 4, allows for it

I'd like to know how during a 'non visit' service a detector in a corner with shelving around and items on the shelving blocking the correct & designed field of view is, pointed out & corrected.

Ok, so there are anti-mask detectors, but with the above there are so many different chances of cover being blocked & no indication given.

Thoughts?

So, this is what I asked, no answer then?

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

2500 was the biggest ive done on a school, 90+ sensors. Off the engineer rkp...... what a day that was :(

Its grown over the last 5 years, and we've lost the printer interface we had (supports laptop connection too) Really need to get the data off it, must be running 130+ zones at the mo!

I can remember regulary reprogramming a 59 Zone Ultimate.....got quite quick in the sub 60 mins.....Then mobile phones appeared with texting and all went to pot..Push the button how many times for the correct character..?, and then press enter? err what?.

Archived