Security Installer Community

10 Years And Still So Much To Learn

Wyatthaplo

I have worked in the security industry for 10 years. The company I used to work for is an electrical company that started doing alarms and got heavily into them. They had over 450 maintenance contracts and are doing approximately 2 installs takeovers a week.

They only did alarms though. So while i got a lot of experience doing alarms I didn't get any in other fields.

I feel I have a very good knowledge of intruder alarms and was never put off by takeovers of older systems. I have a pretty comprehensive catalogue of engineering manuals.

However on moving to my new job they do CCTV and access control which i am really interetsed in getting involved in. I am a big geek and love to know how things work and play around with the programs a lot.

I also have started doing a lot more admin work at my new job which I am really getting into. NSI admin, raising statistics and making sure jobsheets are done and filed correctly.

I just really like my job.

So hi all!!

Indeed. I work for a local NSI gold, but we are a bit stuck in our ways imo. We used to programme all systems on site via RKP.

Thats fine on a domestic, but anything over 25 zones its a chore, especially on comms. The geek in me had me interested in local pc programming, and since using it cant belive we didnt embrace it sooner. Panel changes are sooooooo much quicker, also good for back ups etc. To think of some of these Gals we had to crash then reprog from scratch is madness, the time we wasted. Next up is remote connections.

2500 was the biggest ive done on a school, 90+ sensors. Off the engineer rkp...... what a day that was :(

Its grown over the last 5 years, and we've lost the printer interface we had (supports laptop connection too) Really need to get the data off it, must be running 130+ zones at the mo!

I think the Scantronic one was ok but i do like the Wintex software a lot. Just out of curiosity where is the actual files for wintex i have them on my laptop and need to send them to the office for backup there.

cheers

Archived