Security Installer Community

10 Years And Still So Much To Learn

Wyatthaplo

I don't think we'll bother with remote maintenance. I think customers feel they get better value with a visit and it doesn't take long. I also subscribe to the too many links in the chain theory. And I'm not too hot on IP stuff yet either. Allthough it would be handy for those contracts that are a little out of the way.

I forgot i synced my Facebook profile picture to here lol.

I don't think we'll bother with remote maintenance. I think customers feel they get better value with a visit and it doesn't take long. I also subscribe to the too many links in the chain theory. And I'm not too hot on IP stuff yet either. Allthough it would be handy for those contracts that are a little out of the way.

I forgot i synced my Facebook profile picture to here lol.

2 visits a year is old hat imo

I'd like to know how during a 'non visit' service a detector in a corner with shelving around and items on the shelving blocking the correct & designed field of view is, pointed out & corrected.

Ok, so there are anti-mask detectors, but with the above there are so many different chances of cover being blocked & no indication given.

Thoughts?

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Done on the walk test? I presume you get the customer to have a walk round? Or not?!

But what if the room is now partitioned since last RI??

... and the list goes on.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

For it to take off it needs to be price competitive next to Redcare etc. Currently wont be for the next couple of years as it just leaks too many hours out of the job to get it up right.

Emizon is way cheaper than redcare.

remote maint is for the small to pretend their a national & for the national to cut jobs.

LOL, would be handy, we have some connections that are a good 2.5 hrs away.

Be handy to soak that sensor for instance. That aises another issue actually, if a customer requested a disconnection of a problematic zone, which could be sorted via UDL that night I presume you would need a written confirmation email?

Archived