Security Installer Community

10 Years And Still So Much To Learn

Wyatthaplo

Do you get any issues with it? We have a Emizon on one of our own sites, works fine. However the powers that be are still shying away from IP as in his opinion there's too many links in the chain. If there's a fault at 3am, you aint getting the IT manager out of bed for a IP Path down

Do you get any issues with it? We have a Emizon on one of our own sites, works fine. However the powers that be are still shying away from IP as in his opinion there's too many links in the chain. If there's a fault at 3am, you aint getting the IT manager out of bed for a IP Path down

Thats what put me off. Still mulling it over.

We have 5 Emizons fitted and once set up very few problems, we have had big problems setting them up on large sites due to firewalls etc.

The best bit is the speed of UDL as all ours are connected to the RS485 bus of the galaxy.

See, we would struggle with that, as you need to be properly IT savvy, which being honest none of us really are. I know I couldnt set one up, through various firewalls and what not. I'd need to go on some IT training!

See, we would struggle with that, as you need to be properly IT savvy, which being honest none of us really are. I know I couldnt set one up, through various firewalls and what not. I'd need to go on some IT training!

In most cases you get the client to get their IT to sort it, just as you would with monitored CCTV. Most of the time they feck it up and I end up doin it myself.

The best bit is the speed of UDL as all ours are connected to the RS485 bus of the galaxy.

That was my plan with the prem, just never got around to it.

We have 11 Emizons so far (a mix of IP/GPRS and GPRS/PSTN) and they have all been trouble free. The software side is real strong point, as mentioned the ease and speed of UDL is great but the remote maintenance software is good and really useful.

I completely agree though that IP can be absolute **** when connecting it to someone else's network, once its setup and working though its great

Hey Ho, Lets Go

Archived