Security Installer Community

Pet Tolerant Pir

Recently moved, and about to upgrade alarm (new panels sensors etc). Currently house has shocks sensors on all windows and doors downstairs, and door contacts on upstairs doors.

All windows are being replaced from wood to upvc, and I have been advised that shock sensors are not suitable for upvc frame. Also then would not detect an intruder entering through an open window, etc

I am therefore looking to fit 4 PIR sensors, but would like to use pet tolerant sensors, as I have a dog (approx 6kg)

I have looked at Texecom 3D-PetWise, and the Bosch Blueline Gen2

I would be inclinded to use the Texecom as it is stocked by my usual supplier, has anyone used this, or would you recommend something else.

Is pet tolerant PIR the way to go, or is there some better technology,

Texecom do a petwise dual tech, much better. i did install 4 of the pir versions once, but they were false alarms waiting to happen.ended up replacing all with the dt version. no matter which you go for, the placement of them is extremely tricky as even a spider will appear human sized to them if it is within 100mm of them, so anything a cat etc could get onto has to be a fair distance from the detector. saying that, we havnt had one false alarm from the 2 cats at those premises in the 4 ish years they have been thwre. go for the DT version as i say above

I'm a texecom fan, but don't like their pet sensors, I have heard that the Bosch sensors are very good

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

If the shocks can stay, then might as well keep them (fit new sensors, as wiring in already in place) to further increase the system.

Only hear good things about the boschs, so may go with them. WIll have a look into the DT texecoms first tho

I'm a texecom fan, but don't like their pet sensors, I have heard that the Bosch sensors are very good

My thoughts exactly . If we do fir pet we normally fit i-Wise.

The prestige pet PIR's are proper cack. Was setting one up with the customer watching me, this PIR was making me look more of a tool than normal! Very poor pick up. Lucky I had a i-Wise to get me out of trouble........... "Yeah it must have been faulty that Texe pet pir" ...... eeer!

We have got some Pyronix to try, might suggest the Bosch if they are well regarded :)

• 3 weeks later...

Your wife sounds amazing, she has true logic! is she an engineer in some form lol?

Mine tells me to fix things coz she cant work out how to use them, being broken is immaterial to her. mebbe i shouldnt have married a blonde!

Hey! I think Texecom and Bosch are popular there. But if you want to know more other brands especial China brand, I can recommend to you. Well, many distributors are selling China brand security systems now. The reason is simple, it is cheaper than famous brand but good quality as well. For example, the pet immunity PIR can escape 10kg pet.

Hey! I think Texecom and Bosch are popular there. But if you want to know more other brands especial China brand, I can recommend to you. Well, many distributors are selling China brand security systems now. The reason is simple, it is cheaper than famous brand but good quality as well. For example, the pet immunity PIR can escape 10kg pet.

:new_rofl:

Really????? Give me an idea of how much your grade 2 PIR's are then?

Thought not....

really? That is probably the first positive report ive heard on them?

Better than the Texecom by a mile. The pick up on them is very poor. As said we used to fit i Wise pet DT's but they are too expensive now, i notice ADT now use em!

Our standard detector is a Guardall DT15+ and Bosch pet DT if needed but TBH we do ver few dometics so only fitted about 2 pet detectors this year.

We have found the DT15+ one of the best detectors we have ever used and far better than the honeywell DT's we used for a couple of years.

Archived