Security Installer Community

Vans / Cars And Fuel Economy

james.wilson

The bippers are designed for town traffic not motorways. Would be better suited for a service engineer servicing in the same town. That's the hole point of the stop start technology.

I'm finding it suprisingly hard to find out how much fuel our transporters hold but we get around 600-650 miles out of a £100 (inc VAT) tank - I'm OK with that at the moment but am looking into LPG for the future.

yes but the company car tax is a killer for cars. We offer the choice. Everyone wants an estate till they work out the costs.

Id run kias think they are ok. That ceed is a good looking car imo.

the problem at the moment is long runs. We are working a lot in and around london. This has highlighted the issue. If my audi can do late 40's (lates 50's at 55) there has to be something wrong if a 1.3 van does less to the gallon. Ive never had ladders on my car but im thinking of putting em on for a week to see if its really that bad. If it is they need to run without roof racks. Fuel is only going up, something i think we all need to consider.

I can get up to 48 mpg on a run in mine with ladders on and the boot full of tools etc. Round town i get around 43mpg. i have had 58 mpg with no ladders or tools but me my wife and 2 kids where in the car at the time.

Remembered to take note of my last fill up, 353.6 miles using 38.19 litres of diesel = 42mpg

The weather must have an adverse on mpg as the last figure (35mpg) was taken in January

Hey Ho, Lets Go

The weather must have an adverse on mpg as the last figure (35mpg) was taken in January

In summer they sell summer diesel !

Which gives more MPG, in winter you have winter diesel which waxes at a lower point which gives less MPG & you have the blowers & lights on more

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

• 1 month later...

Volvo V50 DRIVe - 1.6 diesel 115bhp. I average around 55mpg with triple ladders & stepladders on and full of kit.

Tried a mega light foot run a few months back to see what I could get on a run - no kit or ladders, but averaged 87mpg on the motorway!! (I was driving like a granny, tho!!)

CO2 emissions are so low (same as a Fiat 500 diesel), that road tax is FREE too.

Archived