Security Installer Community

Vans / Cars And Fuel Economy

james.wilson

We have three corsa vans and they all seem to average about the same, We also have a Y reg Astra with the old 1.7 dti engine and that's actually better on fuel

VAG TDI's are awesome diesel engines, not many other manufacturer's can produce the results that they do

We still have two of the old astra estates with the 1.7 dti, they go on the sniff of diesel fumes and mpg is a lot better than the newer astra's we have with the 1.7 cdti engine. Getting dated looking now though and I guess they will have to go soon.

The connects we have are **** for fuel. They are packed out though, racking in the back thats full, 2 short steps, full galv rack, full size steps and extension ladders. Couldn't be arsed taking ladders and rack off every two minutes.

Aaron im not thinking of removing it as and when. Im thinking of taking it of permanantly. If we need big ladders as a one of, ill put the roof rack on the roof rails, and ill take it to site. But im assuming that would be required once every 1 to 2 years?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

If agree that ladders are needed most days but I'm hoping to get them inside.

Good luck, only ever seen that work out by just sticking the normal ladders in a large van, no use to you i know. I don't rate the fold away ladders myself.

You need one of these lol

Not sure what happened since 2008 though :-

If you have seen the Car Blackbox set-up, little Camera with GPS that sticks to the front window. Some of these come with software that can monitor driving styles or how "green" the driver is using GPS and the shock sensors built in.

Archived