Security Installer Community

Pet Friendly Pir

paulbaker1954

Hi All

I want to change 2 PIRS on my Gardtec 595 system

1) Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced one - I heard that Bosch are quite resonable and good

2) I heard that I need to wire in a resistor on the PIR connection but not sure why this needs to be done, can someone explain

Sorry if this is a dumb question - I have only recently taken over my system from a previous maintainer and am a bit of a Newbie but learning VERY FAST!!

cheers

Mid ou if the dog is say bigger than a Westie Terrier then is perimeter detection all the time!

*Ding. I know if no detector which is tolerant of an animal the size of a border collie.

Even for smaller dogs and cats, take "pet tolerant" or however the detector manufacturer describe them with a massive pinch of salt.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

I used harshest 'pet immine' for 3 years until our dotty rotty went to the big kennel late last year.

Never a false alarm and she was nearly 7 stones of madness.

Arfur

Old school is to mask off the lower lens do the dog runs underneath the detection

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

But what is catch performance like

Have tested quite a few over the years and those that don't detect pets don't detect burglars, and those that do detect well have a high false alarm rate

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived