Security Installer Community

Pet Friendly Pir

paulbaker1954

Agree with James, tried different types and manufacturers of pet immune over the years, dont rate any of them and no longer install them. All depends on the size and more importantly the behaviour of your pet. Correctly installed perimeter is the only route that will guarantee you no false alarms and at the same time you will sleep in your bed knowing that you are well protected.

The safest and cheapest option is to chuck your pet outside in the kennel/shed/garage, thats what I do. Intruders dont tend to p*ss or s**t on the kitchen floor anyway.

The old bosch ones, as pete will vouch for, are spot on.

5 stone stafford, never tripped it, catch performance was excellent.

also in the same room was a K9-85, never FA'd once, again, catch performance spot on.

Ive been fitting K9-85 (not K9-80) for years now as my pet freindly, cant fault them

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

But what is catch performance like

Have tested quite a few over the years and those that don't detect pets don't detect burglars, and those that do detect well have a high false alarm rate

Seem to catch fine if a tad slower than non pet immune

You have a dog - try them, alternatively, I do offer a technical help visit @ £600.00 + VAT per day ;).

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Big areas were better but small rooms detection was imho not up to it.

Found exactly the same thing with the wireless K9-85 MCW Visonic affairs, rubbish in small rooms, even worse in narrow hallways where sometimes they hardly pick up at all even with event jumper on PCB set to 1. Standard wireless Visonic work fine and pick up straight away.

Found exactly the same thing with the wireless K9-85 MCW Visonic affairs, rubbish in small rooms, even worse in narrow hallways where sometimes they hardly pick up at all even with event jumper on PCB set to 1. Standard wireless Visonic work fine and pick up straight away.

same as risco wireless pet, found that out last week. kitchen wasnt that narrow but pir didnt want to play ball. lessen learnt there

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Archived