Security Installer Community

Roller Shutter Wicket Gate

arfur mo

So what happened to the "no quibble" boast? I reckon that lasted about an hour before you broke it.

I therefore take back what I said ... I don't think you are the shining knight you proclaimed yourself to be after all. What a let down.

you missed the big bit about i've never charged anyone for this - and thats in 24 years

so perhaps instead of attempting to dengrating me, can we get back on topic please?

i.e. do you have any helpful input to offer regarding contacing a wicket gate in a roller shutter please?

Arfur

no what?

Ok

No! +2

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

can we get back on topic please?

As I recall it was you, not me, that brought this off topic .... but as I've no further advice to offer I'll butt out.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

suitable contact, jb, flexi lead, jb.

Thanks Norman,

seems one of the 'old ways' is still the best them :0.

i just dislike the lead virtually tethering the door to the nearby wall. they drop the door or trip over the fricking lead and its a call out. thought about using RJ45 sockets, patch lead and a small shunt lock box, but csn'tmake that conform to regs, and why i've been conciderng the wireless option.

The Gartec ones have 2 zones, so one zone for the door, and perhaps one zone used to ensure the door is replaced into the shutter before arming is allowed.

tbh more to make sure the door is shut as the DT just inside will catch any intruders.

Arfur

As I recall it was you, not me, that brought this off topic .... but as I've no further advice to offer I'll butt out.

really? have another look at #9

don't misunderstand me, i am not be registered company but just like you ori hope anyone i am exremely proud of what and how i do my work and the service i offer.

when i'm not working i'm as daft as a brush, crack stupid jokes (which i laugh at more than anyone else), but i get real serious about life when i reach for that tool bag, get on my case without ever seing what i do - i'll bite, its that serious to me,

Arfur

its just a discussion. But way off topic now

but re the wireless link, Can you run an active beam across the front of the lot? Does the wicket gate rise with the door or does it swing out? if it swings out id just use a normal door loop.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

but re the wireless link, Can you run an active beam across the front of the lot? Does the wicket gate rise with the door or does it swing out? if it swings out id just use a normal door loop.

QFA-as mentioned in previous posts, why 'over engineer' a time served remedy for such a scenario!.

the door would rise with the shutter if they forgot, but it wuld make a nasty mess of the roller after a few short moments :)

it opens outward, it's the type you open the door. lift it off the hinges, then remove the frame by unbolting from inside. if it openned inward would that compy with just a beam? if so are the 3 x DT's in the production area enough to?

i don't do a lot of commercial alarms now due to usualy needing response, and a long time since i've even seen one of these. most sensible people have a door put in the wall next to the shutter, because all the faffing aboutt to open it for a delivery and works as a fire escape, but here they dont have the option.

i don't have to comply with regs, i just always want to if only because it could go monitored at some time in the future, the Gold freind would not be over pleased getting any NC blisters off one of my systems, which he has not so far and i don't intend to change that, so in a sense i am registered, but just i don't pay the fee's :whistle: .

Arfur

QFA-as mentioned in previous posts, why 'over engineer' a time served remedy for such a scenario!.

this is not a pop, just the way i am,

my reason is my version of profesional pride (as eccentric as that is or sems to be),

my view is, while doing any trade and being paid for it, the client (or your boss) deserves your very best efforts on their behalf - that is what they pay you as a professional for, imho that attitude defiines the difference between a professional and a fitter.

thats what i hope they get from me without asking, and why i can charge a bit more for the same job because i take the care which obviously can take longer.

Arfur

Archived