Security Installer Community

Roller Shutter Wicket Gate

arfur mo

Not done a roller shutter with a removable wicket gate for lord knows how long.

Normally, i've used a heavy duty surface contact wire to a junction box, then a long coiled 'door loop'. Never really liked the idea due to the possible damage.

Just quoting a printers, Insurrance require 'bells only', so while some very expensive kit inside, alarm only needs G2.

Being as i hate any avoidable possible faults, I might use a universal wireless Tx instead off the 'whirlygig' lead, just thought I'd ask if there are any new ideas/methods for this particular need.

At one time, you had a jack plug socket and wander lead, but you can't use them today lol!

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Not done a roller shutter with a removable wicket gate for lord knows how long.

Normally, i've used a heavy duty surface contact wire to a junction box, then a long coiled 'door loop'. Never really liked the idea due to the possible damage.

That's what we use.

.... and if they damage it, so what ..... Kerching! ;)

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

wireless tx/rx on a rs? are you mad?

Most likely, last shrink I had a looked into my ear and went on sick leave due to sudden onset of stress!

I'd mount Tx in harder case, can't see anything against it compared to the traditional lead method on balance tbh.

Rx won't be far away so not liKe the shutter us going ti stop the signal, the main shutter will still have a wirec contact, also a dual-tec looking across it.

Arfur

That's what we use.

.... and if they damage it, so what ..... Kerching! ;)

:).

Tbh I find fault calls usually cost more money than I get ftom them. Unlike pmv's you can set s day up to do a cluster in an area nice and controlled,

fault calls are always inconvenient and never come in close to each other, I never get more than a couple a year.

If you have service staff then it possibly makes it more viable, for me just a needed service i offer with s dmile but a pest in all honesty.

Just thought there may be some better way I had not come across :).

Arfur

When specifying equipment we do it to comply with regulations and the customers requirements ..... not so we can avoid inconvenient call out's.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

crikey, your saying less than say 5 faults per year?

true faults yes, we all get the builders and so on which you just can't legislate against all for. i know some will say thats because i'm a small firm with fewer systems and yes i am, but i have many very older systems too italled over he years i've traded.

sometimes i go for a PMV look at the kit and think crickey how time has flown :rolleyes: , got to say just love every moment of it.

Arfur

Archived