Security Installer Community

Roller Shutter Wicket Gate

arfur mo

When specifying equipment we do it to comply with regulations and the customers requirements ..... not so we can avoid inconvenient call out's.

and you seem to think i don't?

there is no harm in striving to design and install to a quality way above published regs as a minimum standard of your own workmanship, imho the regs should be (but rarely are) the bare minimum all must achieve, never the maximum to aim for.

i don't want to re-hash a recenly closed thread, i was accused of rumpet blowing in, just as i see it by doing on many ocasions what is so very little more, you can prevent what is a known possible inconvenience to your client (and yourself) at some future date.

i take that attitude in every aspect of the work i do for my own satisfaction if nothing else. and i personally back that up with a 2 years labour and 3 years parts warranty no quibble - anyone else so confident?.

absolutely nobody needs a conract to get that sort of service or trust from me, it comes as a MINIMUM 'standard' end of.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Sorry, I hadn't realised until just now what a superior service you provide. I can see why your customers are so devoted to you. Well done.

oh, just one thing ... you might want to think again about the "no quibble" part of your warranty. You may have legal problems with that. Ask your solicitor to review your T&C's

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

iirc you do not offer contracts per-se?

correct, outright sale only,

if i'm called out within the warrenty no charge, only proviso i reserve the right to charge if out of hours or an emergency to stop bells etc, but thats about once every 5 years. that is really a device that simply protects me against the more 'feckless' calls, i've not ever charged anyone

PMV or any otther client initiateded calls for modification etc is paid once i have done the work, and they have 30 days to pay, i don't charge just for the 'privalidge' to be able to call me, i'm in a service based business so thats why i'm there.

Arfur

Sorry, I hadn't realised until just now what a superior service you provide. I can see why your customers are so devoted to you. Well done.

oh, just one thing ... you might want to think again about the "no quibble" part of your warranty. You may have legal problems with that. Ask your solicitor to review your T&C's

i don't do small print either,

please realise i don't advertise anywhere, my company name is not in any publication or business index, no web flashey web site or yellow pages advert, so apart from my name on the bell and business cards.

effectively my clients have to find me, and that means usually by recommendation, i'll also get chatty on sites etc or even in a cue at ASDA using a softly softly approach. the existing clients like the way i do business, and i don't want them to loose faith in me for any reason, and i like to think they don't want me to loss my faith in them either, as they don't tend to push any time wasting 'duffers' my way.

many clients can be traced back to when i worked for firms, mainly working North London, i had built up a good rapore with them. it was just easier to be seen as a niceguy than sonme urk, you got told if thet messed up instead of getting atitude. when i knew i was starting up i made sure they new to expect a new face servicing their systems, i think they liked that concideration and curtosy.

seems many took my details, i refused point blank to 'filch' any of my firms existing customers, not just the morality of biting the that had fed me, but also common sense was not to burn ay bridges, i had 3 kids to feed so just in case it did not work out and i needed my old job back.

early on, i got the clients kids when moving from the family home into a ftat or starting their own businesses, looking for an affordable system installed by a guy who they knew, and who had proven knew how, those kids in many case's turned into business people themselves, and retained me based on knowing i'm not cheap but ofer trouble free systems, and so it has rolled on and still does.

i have always say in a fun way, i don't just want your system want all your family, your kids, their kids and so on, i play the longeer bespoke game, making a 'fast buck' it is simply not what i am about.

Arfur

regarding the "service based business" then, how many people call you back for PMV's, say per week?

varies conciderably.

Arfur

rough estimate?

much easier for you to plan your workload if they were contracted?

without contracts your 'business' is nothing more than a hobby and totally worthless, would you agree?

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

if i'm called out within the warrenty no charge, only proviso i reserve the right to charge if out of hours or an emergency

So what happened to the "no quibble" boast? I reckon that lasted about an hour before you broke it.

I therefore take back what I said ... I don't think you are the shining knight you proclaimed yourself to be after all. What a let down.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

rough estimate?

much easier for you to plan your workload if they were contracted?

without contracts your 'business' is nothing more than a hobby and totally worthless, would you agree?

No!

Arfur

Archived