Security Installer Community

Dualcom Box Installed In Non-Protected Room

I would have all comms covered by detection as this is the main device that tells you you are getting burgled.

Could the dualcomm box not have been fitted next to the panel or are they both in the upstairs cupboard?

Wired or wireless install?

!

if the aerial and the phone line is cut at the same time BEFORE any signals are sent then you are right to be concerned. That is why most of us would have detection in that area.

im talking technically its a protected area.

1st floor, detection on door way routes to panel. So a protected area

Technically it IS NOT, it can be accessed without even a unconfirmed ( 3) being sent. Let alone a confirmed (7).

Just had to remind you there.

You also mention the risk is low?

Sorry m8, you cannot say that unless doing a on site RA.

Technically it IS NOT, it can be accessed without even a unconfirmed ( 3) being sent. Let alone a confirmed (7).

Just had to remind you there.

You also mention the risk is low?

Sorry m8, you cannot say that unless doing a on site RA.

we will have to disagree. To the reg its a protected area. While in real terms it isnt.

agreed my comment on low risk is assumed,

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Tbh I'd be unlikely to ever mount alarm kit other than detection in a bedroom, times I've been called about noise from transformers would put me off.

That aside master bedroom not protected is iffy IMHO, entry via landing window won't result in confirmed signal (for o/p that means no Police response), so bedroom easy game.

As for intrude attacking the system, risk assessment is based on the value of your items and what quality/skill of intruder you might attract, you may have been assessed as only attractive to a chance rather than organised intruder.

must be down ti risk assessment. G2 or even G1, but without seeing the dwelling, how can we say for sure that room must be protected? could be 3 or 4 floors up and a sheer wall.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

im talking technically its a protected area.

1st floor, detection on door way routes to panel. So a protected area.

windows dont count in this instance.

It does sound weird but James is right, technically it is within the protected area, no doubt of that. I guess there was no signal close to the panel but even so. Is the cable between the control panel and dualcom mechanically protected trunking or conduit? If not it should be if that cable should become accidentally damaged you could find the Police at your door.

Are you happy with the rest of the installation, was it as you expected, if it was then the dcom thing though bad practice is not against the rules and most likely done to achieve the best signal, you could inform the installation manager that your not happy about it and they would most likely fit a detector in the room foc

Archived