Security Installer Community

Dualcom Box Installed In Non-Protected Room

HI

Finally got the grade 2 Dualcom system installed today. The dualcom box was fitted in a built-in cupboard in an upstairs front bedroom that doesn't have any PIR or other monitoring.

My question is, however unlikely, if a burglar chose to break in via this 1st floor bedroom and went straight for the cupboard then cut all cables leaving the main box, would the gprs/gsm (I don't know which it uses) still be able to call out? There is another box in the loft and a long black internal areal lying against the inside of the roof but I'm not sure if the box in the loft can dial out if it loses comms to the main box in the 1st floor bedroom.

I know I'm probably paranoid but if I'm paying quite a bit for a system, I'd like to have peace of mind that it would be realy difficult even for a "professional" burglar to break in without the alarm going off. Or should I buy yet another PIR (or two for police response purposes) and put them in that bedroom ?

Very poor IMO. Who installed it? ADT?

We would only ever install a dualcom in a fully protected area ie. you will not get to our dualcoms without activating a confirmed alarm.

I would insist on this being corrected ASAP.

Now everyone knows why we say get 3 quotes.

Yes ADT. And yes I agree I should have got more quotes. Too late now but no point rubbing salt in for not considering a good independent.

I guess you don't want to answer my specific question for obvious reasons? I can only conclude that it would be possible for someone who know's what they are doing to disable the main panel when the alarm is set. Personally, I would have thought that it should be impossible to disable the panel when the alarm is set. Why would anyone design a panel to do anything else?

If that was indeed the case and if the box in the loft could independently call out, then perhaps the protection requirements diminish a little?

Yes ADT. And yes I agree I should have got more quotes. Too late now but no point rubbing salt in for not considering a good independent.

I guess you don't want to answer my specific question for obvious reasons? I can only conclude that it would be possible for someone who know's what they are doing to disable the main panel when the alarm is set. Personally, I would have thought that it should be impossible to disable the panel when the alarm is set. Why would anyone design a panel to do anything else?

If that was indeed the case and if the box in the loft could independently call out, then perhaps the protection requirements diminish a little?

I wasn't rubbing salt in, i am making the point as you will not be the last to ask these questions or read this thread.

You can't moan about equipment, its only half the battle. It doesn't design and install its self.

You should raise your concerns in writting ASAP, if you get no joy email these guys.

No I appreciate you weren't but wouldn't you come across to future readers as more knowledgeable (and therefore a good alternative to the Chubbs and ADTs) if you answered my specific questions?

In any case, I will bring this up with them but I'm not expecting they will put this right without further payment 8-(

Yes they will, ask to speak to the Installation Manager and outline your concern, be polite but firm and I am sure it will get sorted.

Shouldn't happen in the first place, its a school boy error that most customers wouldn't have noticed.

No I appreciate you weren't but wouldn't you come across to future readers as more knowledgeable (and therefore a good alternative to the Chubbs and ADTs) if you answered my specific questions?

In any case, I will bring this up with them but I'm not expecting they will put this right without further payment 8-(

I'm not here to tout for work mate. Somethings we just can't go into detail about, but as we said you need detection.

They must put it right. They need to move it or add detection.

Is there a flat roof to this bedroom?

But technically it is in a protected area.

I would advise detection was fitted to the main bedroom, but imo the risk is low.

I would discuss your concerns with adt.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived