Security Installer Community

Dualcom Box Installed In Non-Protected Room

But technically it is in a protected area.

How so?

A room without protection and possible access is NOT within the protected area when it HAS NO protection.

James this is basic stuff, you having a bad day?

How so?

A room without protection and possible access is NOT within the protected area when it HAS NO protection.

James this is basic stuff, you having a bad day?

I think he is going of panel tamper. Not for me though i wouldn't be happy.

Is there a flat roof to this bedroom?

But technically it is in a protected area.

I would advise detection was fitted to the main bedroom, but imo the risk is low.

I would discuss your concerns with adt.

No there is no flat roof outside and presumably very unlikely a thief would want to break in there however I was hoping to get the peace of mind that should they do so, they wouldn't be able to disable the alarm. I guess I'll ask ADT for those details.

im talking technically its a protected area.

1st floor, detection on door way routes to panel. So a protected area.

windows dont count in this instance.

So technically it complies, but i would still have detection in the main bedroom. Especially with Dualcom G2's poor catastrophic failure detection (ie 24 hours)

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

No there is no flat roof outside and presumably very unlikely a thief would want to break in there however I was hoping to get the peace of mind that should they do so, they wouldn't be able to disable the alarm. I guess I'll ask ADT for those details.

We are not to know if they could or couldn't disable the system? If a car is parked outside someone 'could steal it' but i couldn't.

In short, it is possible to disable the system.

PS: we all help here for free, its the people you have paid that let you down, worth remembering when you post.

if the aerial and the phone line is cut at the same time BEFORE any signals are sent then you are right to be concerned. That is why most of us would have detection in that area.

Calling all burglars, JW master class now in session.

Archived