Security Installer Community

Spacing Control Panels Further From The Wall

james.wilson

think maybe confusing scanny & menv? Agree abt pcb on lids. was no need from M & W cpb2 onwards. cant say ive fitted any on lids for years.

tbo, if your happy with what you got, & more so, can support without blinking, you'd need a bleeding good reason to change, both kit/supplier/manufacturer.

(lol, both = 3 in my book)

Not. Used TS kit since the lid mounted 600 & 580? And only small nasty scanny on. Building site for 20 flats. Took over over sparky went bust. they had installed one to a showroom and the site office had 3 in stock, so no room ti manoeuvre - hate them with a real vengeance, never again.

You could reverse the hinge on the TS I used,, but that was usually worse in practice IMHO, catching clothing on heat sinks.

Think Gardtec is now needing a major make over, but still very realisable and versatile.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Changing brand has ti be s cautious decision, find when you wide awake but it's the early hours call that catche you out.

Phone goes they are awake and expect instant awareness, easier to react more acuratrly while getting yourself awake if you know the kit backwards.

Give you all a smile, get A call from a client 'system us beeping at me every ten minutes'. they have already removed batts from smokes, being trying to sort it for most if the day.

It don't sound right to be alarm fault, but they are elderly and have a downs syndrome child, so fair enough I cancel a couple of pmv's and head of to them.

I get nearly to the end if their road and they phone me, sussed it was a mobile phone which was in a handbag and had fell under the couch. Battery was going flat.

What can you do?

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Hp re gent did the bwf catch you out there?

ha ha

On euro mini's, i fit grommet to 230v hole, flex in as you do, but when you screw panel to wall, it pretty much pushes grommet off. Now its still trapped between flex and panel case but looks bad. Obviously down to not enough stand off.

Whats the inspectorates view on this, as i cant see its my fault for poor design.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

ha ha

On euro mini's, i fit grommet to 230v hole, flex in as you do, but when you screw panel to wall, it pretty much pushes grommet off. Now its still trapped between flex and panel case but looks bad. Obviously down to not enough stand off.

Whats the inspectorates view on this, as i cant see its my fault for poor design.

use a few bits of conduit to stand it off. TBH i have always done this, feck digging walls out etc.

LOL

All cables that go into one of our fire panels will have a gland.

So if all enter from the rear via cavity then we knock a brick out and fit glands to every cable, i have done this loads of times on block and clading units.

use a few bits of conduit to stand it off. TBH i have always done this, feck digging walls out etc.

from above posts, is adding conduit spacers non compliant?

LOL

All cables that go into one of our fire panels will have a gland.

So if all enter from the rear via cavity then we knock a brick out and fit glands to every cable, i have done this loads of times on block and clading units.

Its not a fire panel, im sure as fu ck knocking a brick out on an intruder panel to feed flex coz the grommet doesnt fit tight enough

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Archived