Security Installer Community

Spacing Control Panels Further From The Wall

james.wilson

As manufacturers we make and supply panels to fit the reg, test houses will only test according to manufacturers instructions, we provide stand-off's on the Prem range this does push the panel away from the wall, but because of where the entry holes are it can be an issue on certain installs to feed cables.

Point is i guess, if the installer mounts the panel in any other way than we recommend, and makes other holes, then technically you may be breaking reg, but as there are so many different ways you COULD mount a panel we cannot be expected to try and accomodate all installation situations and put them in the manual for the test house, i would expect NSI or SSAIB to pick this kind of thing up on inspection, i don't think it is a manufacturers issue i think it is an install issue and in most cases i would like to think common sense would prevail. However i have been in this industry a long time and i know that ain't gonna' happen.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

As manufacturers we make and supply panels to fit the reg, test houses will only test according to manufacturers instructions, we provide stand-off's on the Prem range this does push the panel away from the wall, but because of where the entry holes are it can be an issue on certain installs to feed cables.

Point is i guess, if the installer mounts the panel in any other way than we recommend, and makes other holes, then technically you may be breaking reg, but as there are so many different ways you COULD mount a panel we cannot be expected to try and accomodate all installation situations and put them in the manual for the test house, i would expect NSI or SSAIB to pick this kind of thing up on inspection, i don't think it is a manufacturers issue i think it is an install issue and in most cases i would like to think common sense would prevail. However i have been in this industry a long time and i know that ain't gonna' happen.

Like i said, just stand the PCB off and put some more holes in the back. :lol:

Archived