Security Installer Community

Spacing Control Panels Further From The Wall

james.wilson

i used to do this on council jobs on eurosec CP8L's, i could do a 8 zone with descriptors in 2 and a half mins lol. God those days were boring!

I also used to do this with our engineer on new build alarms.......first one out the front door and yer the champion lol.

Unfortunately i had to go back and programme his alarms the idiot for zones etc lol!

The problem is i am the only guy to like the eurosec keypads and tbh the customer likes them aswell.....must be a jock thing!!!!!

!

Forgot to say i had to re programme a scanny 8136 yesterday which was a nightmare for areas etc.

The worst of the big boys panels ever made imo!

Tried to sell an upgrade but no......2hrs on site trying to find areas and staff codes.......a disgrace of a panel!

!

I also used to do this with our engineer on new build alarms.......first one out the front door and yer the champion lol.

Unfortunately i had to go back and programme his alarms the idiot for zones etc lol!

The problem is i am the only guy to like the eurosec keypads and tbh the customer likes them aswell.....must be a jock thing!!!!!

we use the plastic eurosec, but with the 480 keypad. You will like them because they look cheap, comes natural i guess.

One thing i never liked with older Scanny. Some needed code only, some 0, 0 + ent, Then if you've got a couple of codes out there like us, its twitchy bum time come code tamps!! and watch option 98 :fear:

i wonder what clown came up with 98!so easy when to exit is99!

A good friend ( install Engineer) and myself used to time eachother on a TS700 to prog it and work correctly.

I can say hand on heart we took less than one min to have it set up ( yes some commands were set as default).

Then we played with the 900`s and 2200`s and 2500`s.

You cannot "speed" prog the M`s from the keypads anymore, they lock up.

TS above 510 were the dogs.

agreed although i do really like the m series stuff installed loads and had no problems unlike the veritas

the extended log on those may as well come up "not sure" when ur checking faults cus it always tells you the wrong one!

I have no issues with the eurosec rkp, looks no worse IMHO than many many others, with lid closed most think it's a room thermostat. Fit nice between adjacent doors.

Low cost panel punch's well above it weight and reliable. Plastic end station lid lugs are biggest problem, tend to strip out easily.

Don't use.any now simply because I want to carry/support less panels and no voice dialler, found ideal for 9800 replacements.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

One issue the CP8L did have, when they were first released the tranny failed on them. I had to replace close to 100 panel back housings, in that time i realised the PCB could fit through the central cable inlet. From then on all cables came through central hole, that way when tranny failed you just disconnect the leads and all the alarm cables can remain terminated into the PCB whilst replacing the housing.

Archived